So who wants to start a pool on Jabba the Weiss?

Fonzie

weis.jpg

I say he's fired by end of this week. Too bad.... I liked him almost as much as John Cooper :D

Heard from a reliable source that ND already canceled his CA/west coast recruiting trip after the Stanford game

alg_bono_out.jpg

Ooops.... This one is actually Chastity...errrmmm.... I mean "Chaz" Bono.... Not Charlie :lol:

Edited by Fonzie

Brian Kelly is the front runner for the ND job and they are going to make it pretty hard for him to say no. The one thread of hope I have for him staying at Cinci is the fact that UC has given him everything he's wanted, he is in a conference that he can basically dominate and easier for him to recruit players that don't have to fit into the high academic standards that ND has

Brian Kelly is the front runner for the ND job and they are going to make it pretty hard for him to say no. The one thread of hope I have for him staying at Cinci is the fact that UC has given him everything he's wanted, he is in a conference that he can basically dominate and easier for him to recruit players that don't have to fit into the high academic standards that ND has

Yeah.... That'll suck. I felt like Michigan should've taken him 2 years ago after Herbie blew our chances with Les Miles. Even though I hear he's megolomaniacal, he's won at every level college he's coached

Too funny, the media hailed Weiss as an absolute genius when he first came on at ND

I dunno why people cant realize that just because you are a pretty good coordinator doesn't mean you will make a good coach. Not to mention why everyone worships the Belichick coaching tree when I don't think many if any at all have had great success anywhere

I dunno why people cant realize that just because you are a pretty good coordinator doesn't mean you will make a good coach. Not to mention why everyone worships the Belichick coaching tree when I don't think many if any at all have had great success anywhere

Agreed. With one notable exception (Saban).

Quoted from Wikipedia:

Six of Belichick's assistant coaches have become NFL head coaches:

Five more assistant coaches have become NCAA Division I head coaches:

Agreed. With one notable exception (Saban).

Quoted from Wikipedia:

Six of Belichick's assistant coaches have become NFL head coaches:

Five more assistant coaches have become NCAA Division I head coaches:

Ferentz is not mediocre. Hes a solid coach. Just bc youre not playing the FBS NC every year does not mean you are mediocre or bad. He's been solid, consistent and perfect for the Iowa program.

Most of Belichik's asst coachess are solid. I think eric mangini, jim schwartz, and josh mcdaniels are solid coaches. Mangini and Schwartz unforuntately are part of some pretty bad organizations where politics has negative influence on the team performance.

ESPN reporting tonight after the game, that Bobby's gonna announce his "retirement" tomorrow, so looks like JoePa wins :)

FSU supposedly gave him 2 choices..... Retire, or remain on sideline with reduced authority to Jimbo

I'm 2 for 2 ;)

Ferentz is not mediocre. Hes a solid coach. Just bc youre not playing the FBS NC every year does not mean you are mediocre or bad. He's been solid, consistent and perfect for the Iowa program.

Most of Belichik's asst coachess are solid. I think eric mangini, jim schwartz, and josh mcdaniels are solid coaches. Mangini and Schwartz unforuntately are part of some pretty bad organizations where politics has negative influence on the team performance.

I agree with you on Ferentz but the others ARE NOT solid coaches. Maybe solid coordinators but as head coaches they are absolutely garbage