i've come across a large gun collection, most of which will be sold

natedogg624

Are you kidding me? FFL guy? Just throw them in the trunk unloaded, action open be smart about it and do what ever you want with them.

If a family member or friend for that matter gives me a gun, I don't care what state they live in, i'm not involving any type of government in the deal.

Next thing ya know we will have to have registered yard sales and won't be able to sell a pocket knife for a $1.

You can privately sell a gun to anyone you wish. No papers needed. Then if your paranoid about the buyer hand write a bill of sale for you to keep.

Some take this stuff way to seriously.

I think you are over-reacting. Would you rather I encouraged him to violate the law ?

If the estate is in Michigan, and ownership passes to Nate in Ohio, Federal Law requires that it be transferred via an FFL.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You having a CCW has zero relevance in this situation. Just an FYI.

I just meant for transportation, not for interstate transfer.

And I agree, CCW or not it's the exact same transportation protocol in terms of unloaded, but since Nate was concerned I offered it up.

I think you are over-reacting. Would you rather I encouraged him to violate the law ?

If the estate is in Michigan, and ownership passes to Nate in Ohio, Federal Law requires that it be transferred via an FFL.

Na, your right. Good advice. I personally would choose to ignore that. Seems silly. How would they ever know. That's like going over the speed limit and driving to the police station.

Na, your right. Good advice. I personally would choose to ignore that. Seems silly. How would they ever know. That's like going over the speed limit and driving to the police station.

Keywords there are personal choice. He asked a question regarding how to legally get them here, and I responded with the appropriate information. Now he can make a fully informed choice as to how to handled it.

As to your comparison, there the consequences are far different between the two scenarios.

i've gotten a LOT of pm's with people calling dibs on the guns, good to see that there is interest but im just putting it out there that the "dibs" are worthless until i've posted a FS thread for each gun.

this thread is merely for me to learn the process and to see what these guns are worth (when i post them) or where to find out how much they are.

for those that pm'd helping me out, thank much. much appreciated.

ha classic OR dibbing.

speaking of which, i sent casper a message regarding the rules of the forum, but also wanted to see what you guys thought:

considering how many people may want these guns, would it be fair to leave the FS thread open for 24 hours and whoever has posted the highest price gets it so that everyone who wants one get a fair shot at getting these guns? or first come first serve and if you're working or schooling when these get posted sucks to be you?

ha classic OR dibbing.

speaking of which, i sent casper a message regarding the rules of the forum, but also wanted to see what you guys thought:

considering how many people may want these guns, would it be fair to leave the FS thread open for 24 hours and whoever has posted the highest price gets it so that everyone who wants one get a fair shot at getting these guns? or first come first serve and if you're working or schooling when these get posted sucks to be you?

Hmm ohio-riders.org. "A place for riders in and around ohio, and auction site." Doesn't really have a ring to it lol.

I think that might actually be a cool idea. It's got my vote Casper, although I don't know what kind of legal waters you could be treading...:confused:

casper said he didn't care, however i need to check the legalities of having this "auction" style setup.

although maybe if i didn't "check" my threads until 24 hours later and let you guys hash it out...j/k

ill call my popo friend and see what he has to say.