Mad Kaw Build....

NeverEnough

As suggested I am posting up my build here.

I have LOTS in store for this bike, I bought to work on and have fun with, and then it all changed and I am going to make this one kick ass bike, as I have also entered it into a Winter Bike Build-Off.

Here is what I had to start with...:eek:

64774aee211b69b15.jpg

64774aee214f64e1e.jpg

Alright so I DID WORK last night:cool:

Here are some pics.........PROGRESS FINALLY! :D

Looks like I have actually begun the build, or well tear down and cleanup for now.... lol

64774b13c4c38ee4a.jpg

Uht oh, why is the swingarm and wheel gone?:eek:

64774b13c4f08fa05.jpg

Ohhh this is why..

64774b13c54215d21.jpg

64774b13c5753e781.jpg

Might be replacing this shock with a 636 one, I think it is the same length, and I can make the piggyback fit...

64774b13c59e6bbbf.jpg

The whole underneath of my bike was NASTY GREASY DIRTY FILTHY...here is some stuff after a little scraping

64774b13c6117c312.jpg

And here it is clean......but not polished;)

64774b13c669538d2.jpg

I also won this off of ebay this weekend, waiting for it to arrive.:D

64774b10932743d8a.bmp

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh just day dreaming about if it would fit on my cb350f
- sure sure man anything can be made to fit.... I can give you some measurements if ya want, it does have 1 blown seal though. Would be real sweet to put some USDs on the cb350, though I'm sure even these would be an improvement, and heck you used the stock ones I got on the bike could put some Race-Tech Emulators in it, than itd be AWESOME. You making the cb350 a cafe racer?
Looks like a pretty sick build, man. Good luck on the buildoff. DO WORK!!
Thanks man! Much more to come! Edited by NeverEnough

Just something I've been tossing around in my head....

64774af4bfb694fd8.jpg

64774af4bff889bb1.jpg

64774af4c02ccde69.jpg

64774af4c055a6995.jpg

And one more pic....

64774af4c1341ffd5.jpg

Just one of the options/ideas I have for the front end on mine bike....and of course that is a very rough version of what it would be, but you get the idea.... Whatcha think?

i think it's fantastic that the bike is inside, and on hard-wood flooring no less :)

you'll want to consider tying a rope, wire, or something else pretty strong from the center-stand to the front wheel. Just extra security that the bike can't be pushed off the center-stand accidentally, especially while the rear wheel is off.

are you willing to disclose plans? Are the swing-arm and rim making a trip to the powder coater?

Haha yeah it makes me so happy every time I come home and open my door, and see my motorcycle sitting in my living room! I will be putting much more protection down on the floor, I just was too eager to start on the build!

And thanks for the tip about tying something from the stand to the wheel... I was just gonna throw it up on a crate....

As for plans, yep yep I'm cool with disclosing that, and WILL... once I actually have it figured out! haha! I spent a lot of time thinking about it this weekend and planning it all out, and I think I have it all figured out now.

The swingarm since it is aluminum, will be polished, and possibly the same with the rims. I am working on some photoshop stuff now- as far as tailpiece/subframe, tank, and color scheme....

the skull looks nice but heck why not go a bit more unique

werewolf skull

item65.jpg

oh heck no on the cafe, more along the survival/mad max. already have a dolls head on the back fender.

but anything new on the front is an improvement. if you have the measurements that would be great maybe it will be a magic perfect fit.

oh wow that could be SICK looking man!:metal:

I will look into that..... I just am trying to define the line in my head of how much of a "showy" looking bike I want it to be.

Ahhh and I am ALL FOR the survival type bikes! RAT FIGHTERS FTMFW!!!

I'll getcha some tape-measure measures tonight. And hell I'll prolly be getting rid of the whole front end off my bike, so you could even be having dual disc brakes... :cheers:

kool that people are still playing with the older KAWI's. i have one sitting in my hard wood kitchen. come bring back to life this 1995 zx11 and you can have it dirty cheap.

Dude I am fawkin on it! Just let me know:metal:

i was not even gonna ask but i think you made my day

haha about the dual disc brakes?

They are just bolt on driving lights.... The ones from a car are a lot bigger, but I will say I wired these things to my buck and they were impressive- I think they are 55w each.

I wouldn't be surprised if I don't end up using these lights though, it was just an idea of mine that I wanted to check out.

Did some more work last night....

I was just gonna wait to post all the polished stuff when I was done, but I know you guys like updates and seeing work getting done, and I am sitting at work with nothing to do so I'll upload my two pics.

Neither of these are finished, but you can see the shiny-ness on them.

Just did one side of it.....thinking about having certain parts/sides painted, and other ones polished.

64774b17be7416e88.jpg

Cleaned up then painted the inside of the shock linkage here, then sanded, getting to the polished staged....

64774b17be8aa3683.jpg

Tonights work---

I went from being pissed the fawk off, with making foam molds...

to walking a half mile to an art store to buy some clay

to getting 50lbs of clay for half the price of 25lbs (i got 50lbs for 9dollars!)

to carrying 50lbs of clay a half mile back to my apartment

to being happy as can be, finally working with a medium I am good and familiar with

PICTURE TIME!

64774b187d0b90f5a.jpg

64774b187d29dc0e4.jpg

NOTE-I built the clay up a good bit higher than what it will be, so that I can sand it down to the level and angle that I want with perfection on matching angles and curves. This is still rather rough.

2nd NOTE- BOBBER SEAT!:thumbsup:

64774b187d8407673.jpg

WOOOOooo YES. DW!........