Deer Season

owndjoo

There's an elk breeder farm right across the county border from where he found it. No word on if it's an escapee. Although I once swore I had found elk tracks along a river in Ohio.

they do have elk season in kentucky and they are becoming well populated in some areas there. so there is a good chance a few have swam across the river.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, since i passed on a good size 6-point on monday and tuesday, haven't seen any more bucks. however I did have one wheeze at me before sunrise about midweek, scared the shit outta me. he was about 20 yards away to my 4 o' clock.

had what appeared to be a very young buck come right up to my blind this morning, stomping and staring at me when i was grunting. Thought about taking his momma, but was holding out for a buck... oh well, still have the rest of bow and the extended gun season

here's my buddy's from Friday, his dad took a bigger 9-point on wednesday, knox county

Very nice...

We just spent a few hours tracking a doe. Some blood but will have to look in the morning.

I think the who, you, was for the other guy but where are there wild boar available in Ohio? Razorbacks or the other kind? I'd love to hunt them but i'm not really big on someone walking me into the woods and saying there it is, shoot it.

I think the who, you, was for the other guy but where are there wild boar available in Ohio? Razorbacks or the other kind? I'd love to hunt them but i'm not really big on someone walking me into the woods and saying there it is, shoot it.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/hunting__trapping/HuntingandTrappingSubhomePage/WildBoarHuntingInformation/tabid/18847/Default.aspx

Wild boars have been reported in southeastern Ohio counties of Athens, Belmont, Gallia, Guernsey, Lawrence, Monroe, Morgan, Noble, Ross, Scioto, Vinton, and Washington; southwestern Ohio counties of Adams, Brown, Butler, Darke, Preble, and Shelby; central Ohio counties of Auglaize, Champaign, Fayette, Logan, Mercer, and Pickaway; and northwestern counties of Defiance and Williams

The service manager at the local Zuk/Honduh shop hunts them alot. I am planning on having him help me out as far as where to go.

huh, post where you figure out where to go if you don't mind. I'd be very interested. Sounds better than blowing a grand in Tennesee to hunt them like Gf wants to.

This looks fun..

http://www.whiteoakhunting.com/russian.asp

too damn expensive

Edited by Gump

Just an FYI.. When saying wild boar is not quite right. They are Feral pigs. NOT BOAR... some have taken on more of the looks of a boar due to different breedings in the wild but like I said. Feral Pig. FYI,, dont eat any of them if they are over 200lbs.

Why don't you eat feral pigs after 200?

Because their meat starts to taste like they smell. It gets really tough and tastes like shit.. Almost everyone I know that hunts pigs all use a personal rule of around 200 or so. Bigger then that, and they just let the fuggers rot where they lay. The coyotes sometimes wont even eat the smelly som bitches.