2 wrongs = nasty accident!

SWing'R

2 Wrongs definetly don't make a right!

This afternoon around 3:30pm at the intersection of Broad & High

(downtown Columbus for those not familiar) I witnessed the end result

of two people that shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car!

So I'm sittin at the light at the intersection, I'm on Broad going West.

I happen to be looking away at the moment the light turned green so I

missed the exact moment of impact but looked up after hearing a short

skid followed by a huge crash.

Well, someone in a older green truck (Explorer I think) decided to jump the green

and make an illegal left turn onto Southbound High from Westbound Broad,

he punched it when the light turned green to beat the traffic, at that same time,

a lady in a black Suv going South on High punched it and ran the red light.

SMASH!

She hit the rightside of the truck and flung it up in the air an onto two wheels (it almost went over)

then it bounced back and landed on all fours. Amazingly her car was still running and she turned

onto Broad out of the intersection. Her front end was buggered up real good!

Wonder who's gettin the ticket on this one? They both were at fault!

The lesson to learn here....

don't jump the green light, on a bike or in a cage! Oh, and don't run red lights damnit!

well if the guy left when it was green im gonna say he wont be cited even though he should be on general purpose! i hate those people :mad:

He went on green but the turn he was making was illegal; you can't make a left turn there I don't think because of traffic and pedestrians.

Not to mention that he made a turn without yielding to oncoming traffic (that hadn't started moving yet).

:nono:

People around where I live do that ALL the time! ('That' in reference to jumping a green and running a red)

The worst part where I live though is the fact that it's those stupid soccer-mom cunts in their shiny brand new extended Caddy Escalade.

However, they're not as bad as the ancient old lady's driving a nice new CTS their rich ass nearly dead husband just bought them.

I once had one drive down a one way street the wrong way and honk at ME!:mad:

People are getting more and more rude and self absorbed on the road. Everybody needs to learn how to respect one another and SHARE like we all used to!

:rant:

...The worst part where I live though is the fact that it's those stupid soccer-mom cunts in their shiny brand new extended Caddy Escalade.

Funny you should say that. The car that ran the red "was" a nice looking black SUV, like a mercedes or BMW,

something along that line and the lady driving... nice looking blond older woman. After the accident, the way she

pulled out of the intersection, unrattled by what she just did leads me to believe that thats not the first time its happened!

:nono:

People around where I live do that ALL the time! ('That' in reference to jumping a green and running a red)

The worst part where I live though is the fact that it's those stupid soccer-mom cunts in their shiny brand new extended Caddy Escalade.

However, they're not as bad as the ancient old lady's driving a nice new CTS their rich ass nearly dead husband just bought them.

I once had one drive down a one way street the wrong way and honk at ME!:mad:

People are getting more and more rude and self absorbed on the road. Everybody needs to learn how to respect one another and SHARE like we all used to!

:rant:

I dont know what country you have been driving in but it hasnt changed for the 15 years ive been driving. People will always be stupid and inconciderate and have always been.

Funny you should say that. The car that ran the red "was" a nice looking black SUV' date=' like a mercedes or BMW,

something along that line and the lady driving... nice looking blond older woman. After the accident, the way she

pulled out of the intersection, unrattled by what she just did leads me to believe that thats not the first time its happened![/quote']

I'm tellin' you! I hate to stereotype.... BUUUUUT, stereotypes wouldn't be around if there wasn't some truth to them. It's unbelievably bad near where I live compared to other areas, although I can't speak for columbus or south of akron.

Either way, by me I can 90% of the time tell you almost the exact driver profile when that happens:

Mother of 2+ Kids

-Driving an SUV costing at least $60,000 no older than 2 years old

-Married to her rich Jewish husband that makes $350,000+

-With a cell phone attached to her face

-Either on her way to the country club, or gym

I dont know what country you have been driving in but it hasnt changed for the 15 years ive been driving. People will always be stupid and inconciderate and have always been.

Yes. I agree, but since my earliest memories of long drives in the car with my parents to my grandmothers everyone's gotten SOOOOO much worse. That's the problem I have. Maybe I'm imagining it, but, it sure as hell feels like it's gotten worse in the past 10 years.

There are 10 times as many people on the road now.

Oh and :ttiwwop:

You know, I could kick myself for not having my Hero running, I do have a mount on my windshield in the work van and sometimes run the cam for just such things.

I'm tellin' you! I hate to stereotype.... BUUUUUT, stereotypes wouldn't be around if there wasn't some truth to them. It's unbelievably bad near where I live compared to other areas, although I can't speak for columbus or south of akron.

Either way, by me I can 90% of the time tell you almost the exact driver profile when that happens:

Mother of 2+ Kids

Yes. I agree, but since my earliest memories of long drives in the car with my parents to my grandmothers everyone's gotten SOOOOO much worse. That's the problem I have. Maybe I'm imagining it, but, it sure as hell feels like it's gotten worse in the past 10 years.

Was that part really necessary, Adolf? Wow.

You forgot to include <insert other bigoted stereotype here>.

Wonder who's gettin the ticket on this one? They both were at fault!

They'll both be ticketed. one ran a red light, the other failed to yield the right-of-way (i.e. oncoming traffic, not the person who ran the light).

the civil suit will be more interesting.

i saw something similar the other day - a guy turned left in front of a woman who was texting. Traffic law says the left turner was at fault. Common sense says the woman texting contributed significantly to the accident; probably to the point that it would not have happened if she hadn't been texting (she definitely would have slowed down in time to avoid the collision).

I wish I was making +350,000 :-D

In my personal opinion, both will be cited for failure to yield, and woman may get a traffic signal infraction for running a red.

In terms of insurance, again, personal opinion, both will get charged with at fault and they'll both pay their Collision deductible.

the civil suit will be more interesting

In a court I'm imagining the woman who ran the red will lose since it's likely a jury will say she is more at fault than the man in the truck, but noone is suing on this one, unless someone was severely injured their BIPD coverages will be adequate.

Personal opinion, I'm not a lawyer or an agent.

Edited by Likwid

Mother of 2+ Kids

I can see you hate stereotypes.. You kinda skipped completly over it and went straight to racist.

Was that part really necessary, Adolf? Wow.

You forgot to include <insert other bigoted stereotype here>.

I can see you hate stereotypes.. You kinda skipped completly over it and went straight to racist.

Haha. Whoa now! I'm not rockin' a bad comb over and doing the duck walk now. Just sayin.... in my area, that's as pinpointed as you can get it.

(Remember now, I live in Orange and was in the Orange public school system until sophmore year. I was part of the about 5% of students who weren't Jewish)

I'm not trying to say it has anything to do with religion, although around where I live it's just a fact.

So, that's just a little clarification for those who were questioning my religious tolerance! (Don't wanna get myself in trouble or anything :p)

P.S. - I do love myself some corned beef and gafilte fish! :D

There are 10 times as many people on the road now.

Oh, and you've definitely got a point here. I guess maybe things haven't really changed much, but I might just be much more aware of discourteous drivers ever since I started driving about 2 years ago.... Either way, it's a major problem.

You know I was tellin the story about this accident to a coworker this morning when I realized something...

the lady the ran the red, smashed headon into the side of the explorer at enough force to throw it up in the air

yet her airbags did not pop! I know cause I didn't seem them and she was able to drive out of the intersection,

when they deploy it kills the engine and it not supposed to start back up. Thats kinda strange ain't it, but I guess

theres really no way to "test" them to insure they are gonna work.

You know I was tellin the story about this accident to a coworker this morning when I realized something...

the lady the ran the red' date=' smashed headon into the side of the explorer at enough force to throw it up in the air

yet her airbags did not pop! I know cause I didn't seem them and she was able to drive out of the intersection,

when they deploy it kills the engine and it not supposed to start back up. Thats kinda strange ain't it, but I guess

theres really no way to "test" them to insure they are gonna work.[/quote']

That's a negative on the airbag deployment disbling the vehicle! Maybe some of the newest vehicles are that way, but we work on crashed vehicles, with airbag deployments, and they start right up! I'm going to guess there was something wrong with the airbag system to begin with, because if the light's on, they ain't gonna work! Any recollection of what kind of vehicle she was driving?

Mother of 2+ Kids

East Side FOR THE LOSS :D

That's a negative on the airbag deployment disbling the vehicle!

Hmm, I thought it worked like that, I'm not sure where I heard that but perhaps I was wrong.

Her car was a nice looking higher-end suv like a mercedes or infinity, something along that line.

Hmm' date=' I thought it worked like that, I'm not sure where I heard that but perhaps I was wrong.

Her car was a nice looking higher-end suv like a mercedes or infinity, something along that line.[/quote']

Hmm.. I would think that if anything would have it that way, it would be something like that! There are several reasons that could've kept the bags from blowing, angle of collision, amount of impact the other vehicle absorbed, etc.... Too many variables to say that the bag should have deployed for sure. Those systems are super high tech. The bags aren't so much, but the sensors, and the logic that deploys them are all pretty amazing.

You're damn right! Ugh.... I really gotta get out of Ohio (or at least cleveland! :eek: ) haha

I said the same thing for 4 years of high school....then I got out of Cleveland for 6 years and well my dumbass ended up back here. Its like a freakin black hole I tell ya

I said the same thing for 4 years of high school....then I got out of Cleveland for 6 years and well my dumbass ended up back here. Its like a freakin black hole I tell ya

Haha true! Those who don't live here don't move her, b/c there's no reason why anyone would want to. And those who grow up and live here can't seem to live anywhere but here.

Woe is us! :violin:

Haha true! Those who don't live here don't move her, b/c there's no reason why anyone would want to. And those who grow up and live here can't seem to live anywhere but here.

Woe is us! :violin:

oh I can live elsewhere than here, just a matter of work brought me back here and living in Indy with hardly any friends sucked. If I could've I would've moved back to Cinci in a heartbeat even though Cleveland is better in so many ways