Sam Adams Utopias: World's Strongest Beer

Cypress

Well, it's also illegal in Ohio, but that hasn't stopped any other illegal activity.

"Thirteen states prohibit its sale because its alcohol content exceeds the legal limit for beer: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Washington."

Sounds fantastic!!! I have not tried this yet... BUT, guess what I have been aging since last december... Only one of the GREATEST beers ever. Also illegal, so I am storing it out of state ;)

Dogfish 120 minute IPA

I bought two bottles last december, drank one and have been aging the other. Im gonna get two more bottles in the next few weeks, age another then compare the fresher bottle with the 1 year old bottle. Ill prolly do this New Years. CANT WAIT!

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/occassional-rarities/120-minute-ipa.htm

Its about $20 bucks a bottle... if you can find it

Does aging a beer for that long really make it better?

I was told (by one of the brew masters for Great Lakes Brewing Company) that most of the better beers don't use the preservatives that mainstream brewers do.

He was shocked that a Christmas Ale still tasted good on St. Patrick's day. Unless there's something drastically different in that Dogfishhead, I would assume the same principles apply...

so many people argue different things about aging beers, especially IPAs... some people go as far as saying it ruins the beer. Thats bullshit. This 120 min im aging is the longest i have aged anything, but just from aging a few weeks (at least 4) I have noticed a difference. Sometimes it makes the beer more smooth, sometimes more bitter. Just depends on the beer I guess

If you like beer, it's time for a trip to Belgium. Hundreds of small brewries making centuries old recipes, all served fresh in a town square unchanged for hundreds of years. In Brugge I staggered all the pubs with Holbrook (Yota knows this Irish lush... Lol!) for the finest beer field trip. My bar-tab was $220. There were 4 of us, each with a similar tab. Good times!:p

2 bottles available at Kahn's Fine Wines in Indy, $199.99/per.

At that price, umm, no thanks.

It was 159.99 last year there! One of my buddies at work wouldn't stop talking about its gloriousness and finally convinced me to go in on a bottle with him. Its definitely a potent ass beer with a decently good flavor but doubt I'd ever do it again

Well, it's also illegal in Ohio, but that hasn't stopped any other illegal activity.

"Thirteen states prohibit its sale because its alcohol content exceeds the legal limit for beer: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Washington."

Ohio takes the fun out of everything =(

200$ for a beer though? It better have gold bits in it. (not for consumption obviously)