Fuse taps?

Likwid

I use these. Since it's inside I don't worry about soldering. I plug this into an empty spot on the fuse block, connect it to the positive and then connect the ground to a ring ground so I can connect it to a screw. And it's easily removable for lease vehicles. ;)

5170038_bus_hha_pri_detl.jpg

Can be found at Autozone or Advance Auto for like $5.

I use these. Since it's inside I don't worry about soldering. I plug this into an empty spot on the fuse block, connect it to the positive and then connect the ground to a ring ground so I can connect it to a screw. And it's easily removable for lease vehicles. ;)

5170038_bus_hha_pri_detl.jpg

Can be found at Autozone or Advance Auto for like $5.

Is that called a wire to fuse adapter?

Always fun KK.

Quick question, how do you test which side of the fuse holes is the "from source" hole?

I have a multi-meter, I think I just put the red lead into one hole and the black lead into the other and if it registers current it's the "from", if it doesn't flip it.... this sound right?

im horrible with electricity but i think you ground the black on metal somewhere then you put the red in the terminal plug. which everone lights it up or reads volts is you power side.

That makes more sense, I forgot about the whole car frame is ground thingy.

Always fun KK.

Quick question, how do you test which side of the fuse holes is the "from source" hole?

I have a multi-meter, I think I just put the red lead into one hole and the black lead into the other and if it registers current it's the "from", if it doesn't flip it.... this sound right?

Nope, all that does is determine polarity on an AC circut, on DC it doesnt matter.

im horrible with electricity but i think you ground the black on metal somewhere then you put the red in the terminal plug. which everone lights it up or reads volts is you power side.

The Kid is Korrect. ;)

Smart man, but as was stated before, a radar detector shouldnt pull enough amps to matter. I'd just use the fuse tap, but I'm lazy.

I am just using the fuse tap :) I'm just not using the "add a circuit" tap RSVDon posted because it's 10 bucks and I don't have the room in my fusebox.

I don't like the fuse taps and here's why. If you take a look at a fuse, you will notice the prongs are tapered. On the fuse tap, the prongs are the same width the entire length, because of that they don't seat as secure as a standard fuse. I switched to using Acces-a-fuse

aaf4.gif