Time Warner Cable???

Cdubyah

Anyone work for them? Looking at a Tier III tech support position.

Pay is decent, 2nd or 3rd shift. Shift differential pay. Room to advance, and good benefits.

Only downsides so far...

Call center

Have to work holiday and weekends

Just wondering if anyone had any insight with this company.

Thanks!

I work for Insight, it's pretty much the same. We have a few of the Warner techs come through when they work on their equipment. I haven't done the call center stuff though. I started out as an installation tech about 8 years ago, during the 8 years, I went from installation, to service, to HSD, to telephony installation/service, and now I work in the headend. The headend is pretty much the ceiling over here. My next step up would be into management. The headend controls all the channels, HSD, VoIP, and VOD cabling and controls. It's not bad, I was working 3a to noon, and now I work 8a to 5p Monday through Friday. We also have on-call which we then work our normal shift except we have Monday off and have to work on Saturday. I don't think I could sit behind a desk for 8 hours straight, but that's just me. Good luck if you go for the position.

I don't know about working there but I do know that I hated Time Warner when I had it, that's why I switched to DirecTV. TW's customer service sucks dick and you're a government worker so you'd probably fit right in :lol:

Jk buddy it actually doesn't sound like a bad deal. And weekends and holidays aren't that bad, you get paid more and get to avoid your family

• 4 weeks later...
I have a friend who works installation for Time Warner, longest time I've known him to hold down a job. I hear most positions there pay pretty good and have decent benefits

What do you consider pretty good? Most of their install jobs pay between 10-12/hr. IIRC.

WTF, Time Warner has level 2 or 3 customer support?

If you know where the on button on the CATV box is, or how to tell someone to power cycle their router, you'll probably be the smartest guy there.

One time, I was still on with their tech support person when the "how was your service call?" follow up call came in on the other line.

Seriously, TWC is notorious for shitty customer service. If you go to work for them, I wouldn't tell anyone where you work.

WTF, Time Warner has level 2 or 3 customer support?

If you know where the on button on the CATV box is, or how to tell someone to power cycle their router, you'll probably be the smartest guy there.

One time, I was still on with their tech support person when the "how was your service call?" follow up call came in on the other line.

Seriously, TWC is notorious for shitty customer service. If you go to work for them, I wouldn't tell anyone where you work.

Ya know, I've had TW for Internet service for a couple years, and I was afraid of all I had heard about how bad they were, not to mention the company that was in the area before them, but I have been pleasantly surprised! I've only had to call them a couple times, and other than the one time, when I moved last year, it's been great, and even that time ended well. It seems they had my SSN wrong on the account, and that had everything all messed up to try to get things working after the stuff on their end went through. After dealing with a jerk, I called again and got a guy that helped me out, and verified everything else, and fixed the SSN (I think it's just the last 4).

Seriously, TWC can suck a dick.

I last had their service 18 months ago. After 23 days, 10 service calls, and 3 converter boxes I canceled it.

Two months later I got a bill for $952 that was supposedly for service I had at an address I never lived at in 1991.

I'll go back to rabbit ears and smoke signals before I do business with TWC ever again.

Probably shouldn't use that word while talking about Time Warner' date=' thats one of their rivals here in Cbus :p[/quote']

Actually TW and Insight aren't really rivals. We barely have any area that overlaps. We actually talk to TW quite often.