Is X-mas acceptable?

jporter12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we already are taking God out of so many things. Why would you take the Christ out of Christmas when It Is His Birthday. If I could I would put God back in the schools and government. Without God where would we be?

Well let's look back to history.

Without gods we would not have had Egyptians building giant pyramids and structures.

Without god we would not have had the dark ages.

Without god we would not have had Catholicism. Enough said.

Without god we would not have had an England centuries controlled by the church.

Without gods we would not have people doing socially unjustifiable acts in the name of their gods.

Without gods we would be with ourselves. Responsible for everything we do. No divine protector to forgive your "sins".

None of this will ring true to you. I've learned that when it comes to Religion (not the subject of creation v evolution v flying spaghetti monster v etc) people are unreasonable. They will not be swayed by a logical argument. Period. Call it "faith". Call it ignorance. call it stupid.

Doesn't matter. All is bullshit. All is irrelevant.

Even if Thor came down and crushed Barack Obama with mjollnir on live TV people would continue to believe their own beliefs, their own programming.

And I'll do the same. Why? I'm human too. I just don't give a shit about what anyone else has to say about "my eternal soul", or being "the chosen race", or being "one with all".

Fuck bitches, get money.

I think that we already are taking God out of so many things. Why would you take the Christ out of Christmas when It Is His Birthday. If I could I would put God back in the schools and government. Without God where would we be?

Without most of the wars, fanatics, etc etc

lol, and as others have mentioned, it's not his birthday. It's an excuse to celebrate and give presents. As posted earlier, you don't others to celebrate for you to celebreate.

The Jews built the pyramids. Give credit where credit is due. :)

:-), we got help from the aliens

I spent a good deal of effort preparing dinner tonight with fresh veggies' date=' potatoes, grilled venison, salad and a $40 bottle of wine and my cock still isn't in a certain woman's mouth yet. :mad:

Is that insignificant enough for you?!?! :violin:[/quote']

You gotta pull it out and wave it in her face man. You've been married long enough you should know that. :D

And the aliens built the pyramids, they put a statue of ALF out front.

alf_l.jpg

Boissonnas_11.jpg

If I could I would put God back in the schools and government. Without God where would we be?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Sorry, but this is America. We have a Constitution to protect me from people like you (no matter what religion they're trying to force on their countrymen), as well as to protect your right to practice your beliefs (provided you don't hurt anyone) from people like me. We each have the right to freedom of religion, but not the right to force our beliefs on others.

Freedom of religion means you have the right to believe and practice as you wish, but in order for it to exist, the government must remain neutral. I would no sooner want my government enforcing christianity (or any organized religion) on me than you would want it enforcing islam on you. Far too many people think it would be great if the government supported their religion, but noone wants to imagine what it would be like if it supported someone else's.

Once the government takes a step to support or enforce any one religion, our freedom to choose, to make our own decisions and form our own conclusions about what we believe, has been destroyed. In the long run, that's unhealthy for both the government and the religion; their ties to each other eventually warp both in a political symbiosis. For example, look at Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Edited by Aerik

Ugh. Seriously, kids, it's 2010 already. If we're going to require our politicians to still pay lip service to some form of deity, can we at least get them some of the cool ones?

http://news.aol.com/article/nc-constitution-no-god-no-city-council/813431

I'd be thrilled if some city council candidate came out and said, "By Odin's beard, if you elect me, we'll fix the city budget by plundering the next town over, then we'll feast and drink mead by the gallon in our new great-hall! Wenches, bring me my axe!"

Way better than having them kneel to kiss the ass of some white-shoes-wearing, bigoted, puritanical, Jaguar-driving megachurch 'preacher'.

Ugh. Seriously, kids, it's 2010 already. If we're going to require our politicians to still pay lip service to some form of deity, can we at least get them some of the cool ones?

I suffered jury duty this week, and the oath I took was "before God". Just sayin'.

Like I said, you have all the rights you want, as long as you believe in G-d.... our money, our oath, our fucking license plates... I've yet to see a plate in Ohio that says "One nation under science"

Nope, they say the Beautiful Birthplace of Aviation! :lol: Not to mention how :supergay: they look.....

Like I said, you have all the rights you want, as long as you believe in G-d.... our money, our oath, our fucking license plates... I've yet to see a plate in Ohio that says "One nation under science"

God is all over everything because the fouders of the country believed in God. They weren't all exactly model Christians, but they believed.

Amirite??? I'm not trying to fan the flames, or get anyone to believe, just discussing a bit of the history of our country....

http://news.aol.com/article/nc-constitution-no-god-no-city-council/813431

I'd be thrilled if some city council candidate came out and said, "By Odin's beard, if you elect me, we'll fix the city budget by plundering the next town over, then we'll feast and drink mead by the gallon in our new great-hall! Wenches, bring me my axe!"

Way better than having them kneel to kiss the ass of some white-shoes-wearing, bigoted, puritanical, Jaguar-driving megachurch 'preacher'.

You Sir, are a fucking poet. Imaginary Rep to you.