snow plowing

oldschoolsdime92

the only thing i dislike about the allison is that you cant rock your truck if you get stuck. (yes that big truck will get stuck)it just locks you out like its in nuetral untill the RPMs come back down. They seem to hold up okay, but I havent heard much good out of the ones stuck behind the DMAX's.

heres what I use....usually just do our driveways and about 5 of the neighbors when we get a decent snow....anything less than 10" we just 4wd it.

Deere-250-2001.jpg

I want.

^ a real mans truck atleast has to have the hubs manually locked!

Well, while you "real men" are out locking your hubs I'll be nice and warm and halfway to my destination before you get back in the truck :p

I had a blazer that was push button and it was terrible. the vac module went out, then it was the transfer case control module and on and on.

Have yet to have a problem with the push button. But I rarely keep a vehicle long enough for it to start having problems. A new truck payment is easier than maintenance costs.

I've worked on them all, push button, manual hubs, combinations of both, and they ALL have problems. The older (88-98 or so) Chevy axle actuators were known to fail, the Ford pooper duty lockout hubs get bound up and you have to get pliers out, since the vaccuum part hardly ever works. Then Dodge can't build a transmission....

42" snow thrower mounted to the front of the lawn tractor and a 30" Simplicity walk-behind.

Or, pull the lever back into 4 high in the truck if there's not enough time in the morning. Wife's A8 makes it through most anything, but she complains if the driveway isn't bone dry....

I've worked on them all, push button, manual hubs, combinations of both, and they ALL have problems. The older (88-98 or so) Chevy axle actuators were known to fail, the Ford pooper duty lockout hubs get bound up and you have to get pliers out, since the vaccuum part hardly ever works. Then Dodge can't build a transmission....

the 06 and newer dodge trannies are good

the 06 and newer dodge trannies are good

Time will tell! Aren't they the 45RFE? Oh wait, they call it the 545RFE. I'm not a big fan of that one, but they do seem to be holding up better than the 42, 44, & 46RE's. I've only had to rebuild a couple of 45RFE's so far. I'm just not exactly happ about Dodge right now. It's been a long week, and I'm still "walking", almost ready to get the bike back out, and put some snow tires on it.

Its holding great for me I blew threw a couple in my 02 but these new ones are way better and the shifts are better too. But hell dont really care if it goes because thats where the LIFETIME warranty comes in .

Ill keep with dodge theyve held up fine for me and its hard to beat a lifetime warranty plus the other main reason is my bud runs the show at a dodge dealer up north so I get em at his cost and thats even harder to beat . Picked up a Caliber from him for the wife too she loves that thing and its gettin 35+mpg and that helps big time since we live out in the sticks