Looking for auto tires

SAMBUSA

I'm guesing you're intentionally changing the size? The fitment guide from one of our suppliers shows 255/60-19 for that thing with 19 inch wheels. They only show one tire in that size though, it's a Goodyear Eagle RS-A for just about $110 each. We should be able to do mounted and balanced for around $520 out the door, maybe less. We're a little bit away from you though! Looks like we're about a 2 hour drive! The size you specified, the only thing that supplier showed was over $200 each! :eek:

We have another suppplier that I could check with that carries Bridgestone, Firestone, Uniroyal, Continental, and others, but for some reason I can't get logged in. I'm not sure if I messed up the login info, or if their site is just down.

Typo, 255/60 19. And it's got the Goodyears on them and they suck ass. That's why I'm changing. There is plenty of tread on them but they are the worse tires I have ever had

Understood. They don't even have a very good wear rating, I figured they were worn out too fast! I have not idea why the local PD insists on using them. :dunno:

If I can get into the other site, I'll see what we have avail, but I doubt we'd beat TR's price.

Ok, I was having a dumb moment last night, and I wasn't even drinking! We don't normally get Firestone/Bridgestone, it's BFG, Michelin, Continental, Uniroyal, General, and others, which are all decent tires, but nothing under about $220 each for your size. It doesn't look like there's much available at all for your size! I tried! :lol:

We have a TR wholesale account also, but after adding the shipping it's just not worth it to get tires from them, even though their prices are a little bit better than our other distributors, the shipping kills it.

Edited by jporter12
speeling :lol:

This is relevant to my interests. I have a 2008 Scion xB (205/55R16, save you some time :)) that the OEM's are getting worn down pretty well. Anyone in Columbus hook a kid up?

Anywhere from about $45 each, all the way up to about $145! There are so many options in that size. The tires that I recommend are in the range of $70 - 90 each, plus mount and balance. It all depends on the type of driving you do, and what you expect from the tires. I'f you're an aggressive driver, it's the ones that I recommend for it. Otherwise, there are some decent tires that are cheaper. Treadwear rating on several of them is in the 60-70k minle range.

Anywhere from about $45 each, all the way up to about $145! There are so many options in that size. The tires that I recommend are in the range of $70 - 90 each, plus mount and balance. It all depends on the type of driving you do, and what you expect from the tires. I'f you're an aggressive driver, it's the ones that I recommend for it. Otherwise, there are some decent tires that are cheaper. Treadwear rating on several of them is in the 60-70k minle range.

What can I get for about $400 all-in?

I've picked up 4 sets of Kumohs from tirerack.com

usually about $100 each. Love em. Had zero problems with any.

That get the se or better ratings than higher priced tires.

Prolly work great on the scion.

I've picked up 4 sets of Kumohs from tirerack.com

usually about $100 each. Love em. Had zero problems with any.

That get the se or better ratings than higher priced tires.

Prolly work great on the scion.

I like SOME Kumho's. Some of them that I've had on the Camaro are WAYY slick, get next to zero dry traction. I know some of their sport compact sized tires, such as what Jagz is prolly talking about, seem to be purdy goood.

I'm pretty sure these new ones that I mentioned for Cheech will bee good as well, without the shipping.

Kum-ho :lol:

I've got the Yokohama Geolandars on my Yotas. HTs on the Runner and ATs on the Peecup.

Love em so far.

Yoko's are good. Especially the Goelanders. For light trucks (and SUV's) we sell a lot of Nokian Vatiiva's. They do really well for all around, A/T use. The price is good as well. Winter traction is really good, it seems the Finn's know a thing or two about snow and ice driving? :dunno:

I have nokians on all my cars. Unbelievable snow traction. Had the at's on my 2 wheel drive blazer and never got stuck in snow once. The ht's on my f150 and the mt's on my yota. For a mud terrain I am impressed with how quite they are and the wet traction. Plus I get them 10% under cost.