Anyone work in heating an A/C?? Need some help!

Meanie

Yeah that video is the exact model I have. When I hold the safety switch the HSI does not start to glow at all. I believe the HSI was replaced about a year or 2 ago. I was trying to find a picture of the HSI for this model furnace to see what a new one looks like, and compare it to mine.

Here is a clip I found on Youtube showing the inside of the furnace.A few seconds into the video, there are labels that appear on the screen pointing out the location of the flame sensor. Looks like a tight fit inside the furnace.

Wow! That's a tiny furnace! Just 2 burners! Very good example though!

You know you are feeling old when I am still home on new years eve, not partying or drinking......

:plus1: And to top it off, watching "how do they do it" on the science channel! :lol:

I would probably be at least doing something other than sitting in bed, if I wasn't still feeling ill.... I HATE being sick!

Yeah that video is the exact model I have. When I hold the safety switch the HSI does not start to glow at all. I believe the HSI was replaced about a year or 2 ago. I was trying to find a picture of the HSI for this model furnace to see what a new one looks like, and compare it to mine.

I wouldn't be surprised that the hsi is bad again. I think I read that they are a high failure rate, also.

yeah that's what I have been using and I am unable to find the order of operation and what the part numbers are for the HSI and the flame sensor.

I think I will be buying 2 of each and keeping some spares here at the house.

<<And to top it off, watching "how do they do it" on the science channel! >>

I had to switch to a different channel at 11, since I already seen that episode on the science channel.....But I did watch an episode of COPS called "shots fired" and watch a few bad guys get shot, so that was kinda neat.....And NOT watching Barret jackson on Speed.......

OK, back to the original topic........

Damn it and I was hoping to get a few hours of modern warfare 2 in tonight not work on a damn furnace.....

Sad part is I don't know how many stores will be open tomorrow to be able to get the part I need to make the repair.

NOt sure if you figured this out or not..but If you get no Flame...Then its not the FLame Sensor, so buying one of those would be a waste of money, but they aen't expensive so it wouldnt hurt to change it.

If you DO hear the Gas Valve click to open....at that point the HSI should already be glowing Red and instantly ignite the Gas.

I suspect, as you have already figured out, that your HSI is BAd and if You pull it out I bet it will have a crack in it somewhere. When installing(or removing ) be careful as they are very fragile in nature and can break. Also, do not touch the element, it will make it prematurely fail.

I am a HVAC Tech....but I am in dayton otherwise I would come help you.

And as far as finding replacement parts today....Good luck with that...At least here in this area everyone who would carry them is closed.

The Flame rod would be easy to find, but the HSI could prove tricky.

If you have any questions, Post them up and I will help as much as I can.

Thanks for the info. Yeah the HSI is not glowing and I just found a replacement so I need to get going to pick it up.

Wow! Glad to hear you found one today! That is a bit surprising! The HSI def comes on first, the the gas valve, after the HSI has a few secs to warm up and glow. Then of course, the flame sensor will detect if it is actually flaming.

Where I live now, there's fuel-oil furnace. Those have a totally different set of issues, on top of the cost of the oil!

My experance with HSI is they are the most common problem If it does not start to glow When the furance cycles when the gas valve open it will not light hence no flane so the code will blink flame secnor problem. 90% of the time it is the HSI problem One for a goodman furance should be not had to get

Well I got the HSI and got it installed. I have FIRE again. It's going to take a little while to reheat the house because of how big it is, but it's working again. Thanks again to all that provided assistance. I really appreciate it!!!

Happy New year!

Well I got the HSI and got it installed. I have FIRE again. It's going to take a little while to reheat the house because of how big it is, but it's working again. Thanks again to all that provided assistance. I really appreciate it!!!

Happy New year!

Awesome! Glad to hear you were able to get one on a holiday!