2011 Ford Mustang GT

DLN1223

:nono: It's not the same... I don't think they'll make anything that will live up to the legacy of the old 302. The 5.0 displacement means nothing, other than some creative marketing. If it did, they would have built the 4.6 out to a 5.0 a long time ago. Same for the good old 5.7 or 350 from chevy. Notice that they didn't bother to try to match the displacement? They DID manage to exceed the power levels, AND keep the low end torque that Ford seemed to lose with the newer engines of the same era.

/rant

Thats cool. I had a 1986 5.0 GT back in the day.

Hard to believe that was 25 years ago.

You 'aint shittin' Todd! :nono:

'86 5.0 is my dream car from high school. WILL have one some day soon!

Stick shift of course.... Probably black ;)

You 'aint shittin' Todd! :nono:

'86 5.0 is my dream car from high school. WILL have one some day soon!

Stick shift of course.... Probably black ;)

Mine was Canyon Red, with T-Tops, gray interior, Phone dial wheels, and a 5 speed.

Way more car than my young ass needed at the time.

Mine was Canyon Red, with T-Tops, gray interior, Phone dial wheels, and a 5 speed.

Way more car than my young ass needed at the time.

Nooice! One of my bosses when I was 16 had that one. I used to drool over it daily. Tried to convince him to let me borrow it for homecoming night, but he wouldn't give in ;)

First time I've ever heard them called "phone dial" wheels, but a pretty apt description

Nooice! One of my bosses when I was 16 had that one. I used to drool over it daily. Tried to convince him to let me borrow it for homecoming night, but he wouldn't give in ;)

First time I've ever heard them called "phone dial" wheels, but a pretty apt description

It was very cool back then.

Actually, I almost bought one this summer. Same color and everything, but I couldn't put the deal together for what I was willing to pay.

BTW, what else would you call those wheels?

:nono: It's not the same... I don't think they'll make anything that will live up to the legacy of the old 302. The 5.0 displacement means nothing, other than some creative marketing. If it did, they would have built the 4.6 out to a 5.0 a long time ago. Same for the good old 5.7 or 350 from chevy. Notice that they didn't bother to try to match the displacement? They DID manage to exceed the power levels, AND keep the low end torque that Ford seemed to lose with the newer engines of the same era.

/rant

Do the the 'tumble' of a 4v head, a 2v head is superior to a 4v head where it matters most during street driving, below 4k rpms.

Actually, yes I do! They don't CALL my engine a Hemi, but it has hemispherical combustion chambers, which is where the Hemi got it's name. Pretty much all the 4(+) valve per cylinder heads are hemi's.

No a 4v head is a Pent Roof design, a Hemi head is truly hemispherical, and it's not all it's cracked up to be, in the 60's it was a great thing, but bath tub parallel valve heads have surpassed it, hence the 2 plugs per cylinder, they have somewhat less than desirable burn characteristics than a bath tub style combustion chamber, but the two plugs do successfully move the plug to the outside of the chamber where there is some air movement. top dead center of the chamber is actually about the worst place you could put a plug.