SWing'R mobile repair saga continues....

SWing'R

The real important question is .......... Are you going to return to them for work in the future???

I will still take my work van there for its scheduled maintenance, company pays for it, not my money.

Not sure about the Mazda, a lot depends on whether or not the problem is "actually" fixed.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosso. You shoulda taken it to JPorters place. You wouldve only had to come back once. :D

Unless you're Jagz with a Civic Si! lulz! I'm finding that those newer Civics are touchy on alignments. We have the latest specs loaded in the alignment computer now, btw....

Ooo, I forgot about that one! Good catch!

yeah we have a carbon cleaning service we offer at my work a couple guys recommend it constanty I only recommend it when doing new plugs and will tell customers straight forward to not do the carbon service unless doing the plugs as well. The chemicals we use will fuck up some plugs i have seen brand new 10 minute old plugs fouled completly out from the service.

you had mentioned something about a carbon cleaning did they do this after replacing the plugs if so I wouldnt be suprised if it fouled the plugs back out.

The EGR valve cleaning was done today during Repair #4, the plugs were done during Repair #1.

The car drove ok home and later Melissa took it out a few places and it was fine. Guess we wait and see.

:wtf: How's that?

My motor doesn't put around long enough to build up lots of carbo and cause issues. It works it's ass off every time it get started. Sees redline once a drive. I've also got a catch can on the evap system. Last time I lifted the intake, clean as a whistle. I'm sure my bearings love me though. :lol:

Can't wait until I get the day to tear it apart and see what damages I've caused. Lol

I try to stay kind to my trusty LSx though. Mobil 1 full synthetic every 3,000 miles with a good filter, plugs every 20k, coolant every 50k, etc.

My motor doesn't put around long enough to build up lots of carbo and cause issues. It works it's ass off every time it get started. Sees redline once a drive. I've also got a catch can on the evap system. Last time I lifted the intake, clean as a whistle. I'm sure my bearings love me though. :lol:

Can't wait until I get the day to tear it apart and see what damages I've caused. Lol

EGR disabled? THAT is where most of the carbon in the intake tract comes from anymore. Intake valves usually don't get bad these days.

If I went to a shop (not likely) and they told me they were going to clean my intake system with carbon cleaner I'd turn around and walk out the door. :rolleyes:

It's a valid, and sometimes important service. We don't do an intake system cleaning though, just a throttle body cleaning, or EGR passage cleaning (if they're clogged or known for clogging on an application).

As I said earlier, I've seen some applications that NEED the throttle body cleaned once in a while. Most newer applications don't need it.

...As I said earlier, I've seen some applications that NEED the throttle body cleaned once in a while. Most newer applications don't need it.

Hey that "throttle body" thing is what the $60 cleaning service was on my first repair. Someone asked me to ask about that, thats what it was.

Hey that "throttle body" thing is what the $60 cleaning service was on my first repair. Someone asked me to ask about that' date=' thats what it was.[/quote']

thats why i am wondering if they did the plugs first and then this. Ours is a 2 step process, 1 clean the throttle body with carb and choke cleaner and 2 is a carbon blaster sprayed into the vacuum line on the intake and it tears plugs up.

thats why i am wondering if they did the plugs first and then this. Ours is a 2 step process, 1 clean the throttle body with carb and choke cleaner and 2 is a carbon blaster sprayed into the vacuum line on the intake and it tears plugs up.

For the throttle body service, I remove the throttle body, if it's reasonable to do in the maount of time the service pays, if not, I'll put a rag inside to catch as much of the carb cleaner as I can, and clean it (as sparingly as I can be on the cleaner) then pull out the rag. I can get most just as well without removing them, with the right brushes, and soaking with cleaner.

Anyway, Here's to hoping they got all the gremlins out of it, and you can continue to enjoy your car!

Car ran great the rest of the yesterday afternoon and again this morning.

We made three trips around to various places this morning, ran great.

Keeping our fingers crossed!

I think your car's virus jumped into my van.... it won't start and I get a message that my starter is disabled and the engine power is reduced.... FML....

I think Dave THREW the virus to your van. :nono: now you know how much he REALLY likes you! :lol:

Newer Chevy van? Sounds like a throttle body code is in it. Is the battery low? Details man, we can fix it over the inna-netz...

I think Dave THREW the virus to your van. :nono: now you know how much he REALLY likes you!

See, we shoulda used protection when we went to lunch yesterday Moose :lol:, guess I'm paitient Zero :D

I think Dave THREW the virus to your van. :nono: now you know how much he REALLY likes you! :lol:

Newer Chevy van? Sounds like a throttle body code is in it. Is the battery low? Details man, we can fix it over the inna-netz...

i just had it towed over to mcdormans let them figure it out.... company payin for it