SWing'R mobile repair saga continues....

SWing'R

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent you a email in response to your question since I too own a Mazda Protege 5. My Zoom Zoom is a 2003.

Ugh, not another one!

In my opinion, Mazda is pretty low on the list of imports that I like, or think are decent. That's just my opinion though, and not meant to put anyone down for their choice in vehicles. They all break down, which is how I make my living! We just try our best not to be like the situation in this thread!

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

I love my car.

It costs me alot in low profile tires.. but that's all I've had thus far. My 5-speed transmission car with 101k miles has been good to me.

Oh, and I replaced my plugs and wires with HIGH GRADE plugs/wires at 35,000 miles. It's also never late for a oil change.

Wish the tires were cheaper.. but pick your battles.

I love my car.

It costs me alot in low profile tires.. but that's all I've had thus far. My 5-speed transmission car with 101k miles has been good to me.

Oh, and I replaced my plugs and wires with HIGH GRADE plugs/wires at 35,000 miles. It's also never late for a oil change.

Yeah the car is great, up until now we didn't have any problems other than the usual... tires, brakes.

Why did you replace the plugs/wires @ 35K??????? You know they're rated for like 100K miles.

Our next car won't have low profile tires thats for sure. While they look great, and the suspension and handling is fantastic,

they cost a fortune and aren't that great in the snow.

I didn't know yours was a manual, now I'm jealous, ours has the dual-transmission automatic which I drive in "manual-mode" all the time, love it.

For those reading this and don't know, our cars are even the same color :D

I just noticed after posting this that your car is right behind you in your avatar, nice. LOL.

Edited by SWing'R
I just noticed after posting this that your car is right behind you in your avatar, nice. LOL.

I love my car.

With proper care and maintenance, and a few repairs here and there, MOST cars will last a long time. I just don't like Mazda's, working on them, or driving them. THAT is why there are so many different cars out there though!

Even working in the auto repair field, I have problems with the car, and get behind on things, and it bit me a few weeks ago! I still have parts that I bought 6 months ago for both of our cars! :lol:

...I just don't like Mazda's, working on them, or driving them.

I don't think anyone thats driven a Protege5 can say they didn't like driving it. The handling is incredible, its got a very low tight suspension.

Kinda like a gokart, very tight steering. Its an absolute blast to drive fast on curvy roads.

I changed them because it suggests to change the plugs and wires at 35k in the service manual.

It's not like it cost alot to do. Plus the less then $60 I spent then was much cheaper then the $500 maintenance that Byers Mazda Subaru quoted me. SERIOUSLY? For a 35k mile maintenance?!

Yep. My car is in my avatar. I also have pics of it in my photo albums. If you click on my profile it's also off to the side with the main focus being my bike.

I don't think anyone thats driven a Protege5 can say they didn't like driving it. The handling is incredible' date=' its got a very low tight suspension.

Kinda like a gokart, very tight steering. Its an absolute blast to drive fast on curvy roads.[/quote']

Eh... I guess I've just driven too many sports cars, and been bitten by the bike bug! Not much on 4 wheels excites me that has less than 400 HP anymore. Don't take my comments as a put-down, as I said, there's a reason that there are so many different cars on the market!

At least this thread isn't about how shocked someone is that their Dodge Stratus or Plymouth Sundance is having issues. :)

I could throw in how shocking it is that my Intrepid is still running at 190k! Some recent semi-major repairs (simple for me, but for someone to bring it in for that stuff would be major) and everything looked great inside the engine, and I see no reason it won't go another 100k!

At least this thread isn't about how shocked someone is that their Dodge Stratus or Plymouth Sundance is having issues. :)

Hey! I used to have a Plymouth Sundance America, red (like that color) manual, long time ago, was a great car!

Got a pic of it somewhere, can't find it at the moment.

Update.......

So check this shit out. If you've been following this thread you know that the engine light went out Wednesday night and the car has been running fine since then, well....

So I let the car warm up about 10minutes in the garage this morning before heading back over here to Boyds. Light was off, started fine. Ran fine all the way to the parking lot of Boyds, I come to a stop in the parking lot and before I could put it in park it starts shaking and the engine light comes on and starts flashing, I put it in park and it continues to shake and flash. How's that for perfect timing!

They got wifi here and I brought my laptop so I'll be off and on here for probably several hours.

Great saga! Best show on TV.

I hope he realizes that come riding season he's going to get such grief about this thread.

Not like he could do anything about his car issues and I completely don't fault him for asking for advice... I just know how people are on here.

:)

We always look for the next PERSON TO HARASS.

:popcorn:

Nothing but love for ya Dave & Melissa!

Edited by DGTL GRL
geesh.. I knew someone would have issues with my wording. See.. proves my point!

Update.......

So check this shit out. If you've been following this thread you know that the engine light went out Wednesday night and the car has been running fine since then' date=' well....

So I let the car warm up about 10minutes in the garage this morning before heading back over here to Boyds. Light was off, started fine. Ran fine all the way to the parking lot of Boyds, I come to a stop in the parking lot and before I could put it in park it starts shaking and the engine light comes on and starts flashing, I put it in park and it continues to shake and flash. How's that for perfect timing!

They got wifi here and I brought my laptop so I'll be off and on here for probably several hours.[/quote']

Wow! It NEVER works that way! They're always broken until they hit our driveway! Then we try for days to duplicate the problem, seriously! It's not that we don't want to fix the car, or can't get to it, and feeding a line of B.S. (I know places that do that) but so many times we can't get a car to act up while we have it!

Best of luck to ya there Dave.... Now I'm off to work to play in the snow.....errrr fix cars... :lol:

Update.......

So check this shit out. If you've been following this thread you know that the engine light went out Wednesday night and the car has been running fine since then' date=' well....

They got wifi here and I brought my laptop so I'll be off and on here for probably several hours.[/quote']call me dude I'll come get ya for lunch...

Just talked to the mgr for an update, when they brought it in from the lot this morning the light was off and it started and ran ok.

They took it out and drove it around Dublin for awhile and it never happened again. They have not (as of yet) done anything with the ignition coils/cables but are now looking at the EGR valve, looking for a chunk of carbon or somethin that might be cloggin it up. :confused:

Ok, you guys are great by the way. Based on what you both just told me I just had another discussion with the mgr

and he's going to go ahead and replace the ignition coils/cables anyway. That was kinda the original plan anyway,

he has the parts here and I have to time, so I told him I want them replaced.

They couldn't get the EGR valve off anyway, they said one of the bolts holding it on was gonna break if they forced it,

so they're putting some kind of potent cleaner thru it.

Waiting on moose to pick me up for lunch, will post more later.

Oh and btw Don, its Boyds Goodyear in Hilliard... http://www.boydsgoodyear.com/