boot suggestions...

Cdubyah

Looking for riding boots. Need some ideas. Would like them to be waterproof, lace up, and about midsized. Not really looking for a sport riding boot. And not a lot of plastic.

Ideas are welcome. I'm at iron pony if anyone would like to come and assist. :D

I bought the Icon CHUKKA FIELD ARMOR BOOT from Iron Pony. They are $115, they fit well (will need break in time) lace up and have the shifter pad on them. The shifting is a little different because they are taller than the previous boots I had (i.e. I don't have to lift my boot as far to shift). Overall I like them I just need to break them in more. Icon also has the super duty boots which I like and the Joe Rocket boots are nice. I wear a 13 though and they didn't have my size in the super duties or the Joe rocket boots.

Good luck!

I have Icon Accelerant boots. Comfy, waterproof, lace up with top buckle thingy to keep laces in check. They're $125 at Sandhills Powersports website

showImage.jsp?class_id=8673&image_type=fullsize&rank=100

If I had to do the purchase all over again, I would have waited a month or two and picked up the Sidi Canyon gortex. Not lace up, but very very comfy and have replaceable soles.

628becfe446bd6ef00b3cb55e40bb484_thumbnail100x100.jpg

Icon are great as long as yiu don't have wide feet. Way too narrow for me. Sucks cause I wanted them.

Sidi also makes Non Power Ranger themed boots.

All black. Waterproof. Breathable. Good protection. Comfy.

IIRC around $240.

Also I pocked up the cheapy Vega. It's pretty comfy too. They are $60+.

So I went with the TCX X-Cube

http://www.thevisorshop.com/acatalog/tcx_xcube.jpg

They received good reviews. Fit was good, and was pretty comfy walking around the store. I will let you know, once I get them broken in.

How much were they? I'm in need of riding boots, on the inexpensive side... I'm glad you started this thread...