for those of you looking for a cheap 9mm

jbot

nice find! i didn't even bother looking at the rest of the line up. .40sw, many would say, is even better for self defense (if you concealed carry or open carry) and for home protection, though you should really have a shotgun for the latter.

bud's gun shop is a good vendor, I've purchased from them in the past. Pretty fast shipping. Just need an FFL to ship it to, and you're set.

And in case anyone is wondering, no i have no relationship nor any interest in anyone buying this gun... just looked like a good deal.

Yah, but find out their fee. There's a few FFLs near us.... or we could just drive down there together and I'll have to buy one too :)

Ok cool, I'll have to find out their fee and whether or not my parents were serious about getting me a gun for my bday or not. If not, then I will be immediately purchasing this

I have a Sigma. Most underrated pistol EVAR. I preferred shooting it over my Sig Sauer P228 (actually wound up selling the P228).

Awesome, I hate to buy a gun without using it first but I've used a similar S&W of my friends (well he told me its similar) but it seems like a really good deal to not act on

they have a list when you attempt to check out. Let me know what you find out. I was thinking the place Independence would be close to work for me, and right down the road for you.

L E OS SHOOTING SUPPLY

6411 SUNSET AVE

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio 44131

I didn't see stonewall on their list, but I wasn't looking for them...

ok I am definitely going to pick this up now. Other than Stonewall, what other places should I call to see what their fee is?

Try Riverside range (Pro Gun) in Cuyahoga Falls, but call first, they don't have as many rentals.

But to be honest, you don't need to shoot it first, it's not a super sub compact so you won't notice any huge issues in firing it (like a baby glock .45 that rips out of your hands). Unless you have teh girlie fingers and can't reach the trigger of course :D

they have a list when you attempt to check out. Let me know what you find out. I was thinking the place Independence would be close to work for me, and right down the road for you.

L E OS SHOOTING SUPPLY

6411 SUNSET AVE

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio 44131

I didn't see stonewall on their list, but I wasn't looking for them...

Do you happen to know a phone # for them? I found one but it doesnt seem to work

Try Riverside range (Pro Gun) in Cuyahoga Falls, but call first, they don't have as many rentals.

But to be honest, you don't need to shoot it first, it's not a super sub compact so you won't notice any huge issues in firing it (like a baby glock .45 that rips out of your hands). Unless you have teh girlie fingers and can't reach the trigger of course :D

That place was better, only $50 for transfer fee

From everything that I've read, I have a feeling it will work great for me.

The only gear I'd throw into the cogs for you is..... if you're thinking about a concealment gun (even if shortly down the road) you MAY want to keep the size in mind.

NOT saying you shouldn't get this because it's a great price and a great gun from everything I've seen... just saying, if you're thinking "I'd like to CCW in the next x months" CONSIDER if you're going to need to sell this/upgrade

I can't remember if you have a carry sidearm... if so disregard.

That place was better, only $50 for transfer fee

Oh crap, I thought you meant place for rentals.

FFLs near us: Northfield Gun and Tackle, Atlantic Gun and Tackle, Dick's Gun Room (call them because there hours are VERY wierd)...

also.... call Gander Mountain... I doubt it but they may do FFL transfers for people.

The only gear I'd throw into the cogs for you is..... if you're thinking about a concealment gun (even if shortly down the road) you MAY want to keep the size in mind.

NOT saying you shouldn't get this because it's a great price and a great gun from everything I've seen... just saying, if you're thinking "I'd like to CCW in the next x months" CONSIDER if you're going to need to sell this/upgrade

I can't remember if you have a carry sidearm... if so disregard.

Oh crap, I thought you meant place for rentals.

FFLs near us: Northfield Gun and Tackle, Atlantic Gun and Tackle, Dick's Gun Room (call them because there hours are VERY wierd)...

also.... call Gander Mountain... I doubt it but they may do FFL transfers for people.

No I don't currently have my own gun. Eventually I will get my CCW however I don't know when and do you think this is too big to carry at all? Currently I would just use it for "home protection" and casual range practice.

I just got off the phone with one place to see what their transfer fee is and the guy said "i dont know why anyone would buy that gun unless you want a 25lb trigger and a gun that can't hit anything" Thats the first negative thing I've read/heard about it. A stiff trigger doesn't bother me much as one of my friends guns I've shot a bunch has a pretty stiff trigger and it didn't effect my not so great accuracy any more :lol:

No I don't currently have my own gun. Eventually I will get my CCW however I don't know when and do you think this is too big to carry at all? Currently I would just use it for "home protection" and casual range practice.

I just got off the phone with one place to see what their transfer fee is and the guy said "i dont know why anyone would buy that gun unless you want a 25lb trigger and a gun that can't hit anything" Thats the first negative thing I've read/heard about it. A stiff trigger doesn't bother me much as one of my friends guns I've shot a bunch has a pretty stiff trigger and it didn't effect my not so great accuracy any more :lol:

Don't be shocked by any feedback like that.... gun shops opinions are like assholes... everyone has one and they all stink ... or something like that.

Ask the guy about a Glock "That's a tupperware gun, do you want a piece of plastic in your hand" ask another about a SW "That's too heavy, you should consider a Glock".... gun shops seem to be the WORST place to get opinions.

The size of the gun comment, just a consideration for you, by no means was I saying you shouldn't buy the gun. YES you can absolutely carry this gun concealed, YES there are people here that carry guns that size and bigger (full size 1911s) concealed and will swear by them.

Here's a XDSC side by side with a SW MP, which I believe is a similar size to the Sigma

sa-vs-sw1.jpg

Not a HUGE difference but just for comparison.

You'll be able to sell the Sigma if you want to upgrade/trade.... so don't worry too much, $250 isn't the end of the world, get it and sleep safe.

couldn't find anything on LEO's phone number.

a $50 fee is outrageous though... i wanted to buy from bud's because the shotgun i want is $180 on their site,a dn $229 at Gander Mountain.

$50 fee kind of negates the difference.

Sigmas are not known as great guns anywhere outside of this thread.

A sigma is what it is. A cheap plinker. If thats all you want in a pistol, save your money and get a Hi-point.

Not a fair comparison lol, but yes, you could get a 9mm HiPoint for 70$

Anyway, you're right in that Sigma isn't a ZOMG COMPETITION gun, but there ARE lots of good reviews for it and most the negative comments seem to be Glock/XD lovers and/or SW haters...

http://www.gunblast.com/SWSigma9.htm

http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gid=20225&gun=Pistol