Opinion of a Ruger P95

BiggO

I know a guy that has a Ruger P95 for sale. He bought it new, and has fired it around 400 rounds. He has an extra clip, holster, part of a box of ammo (9mm) and cleaning kit. He wanting to sell it all for $350.

Does that sound like a good deal?

Does anyone have or ever fired a P95?

Opinions please.

i had a p97dc which is the .45 version. good gun. its not going to win any beauty contests, but who cares how it looks... its a gun lol.

i had one problem with it, the ejector would move backwards while shooting, and eventually the decocking lever would pop off the right side of the pistol. sent it back to ruger and they fixed it for free. put about 1000 rounds through it after i got it back and it never moved.

it sounds like a pretty good deal to me, id buy it.

I looked at that gun and if it wasn't for the size I woulda bought one. I've not shot it, but liked everything about it and couldn't find any negative reviews on it.

Seems to me like the price could be a little lower. If I recall you could buy new for about $400. That depends on type of holster though...

I looked at that gun and if it wasn't for the size I woulda bought one.

Was it too large or heavy?

I've read that some thought it was to heavy and would not be a good gun for carry. But I've also read that it was light weight for it's class and would be good for carry.

I have not seen or held the gun yet. I'm hoping to meet him tonight about it.

I've read that some thought it was to heavy and would not be a good gun for carry. But I've also read that it was light weight for it's class and would be good for carry.

It's listed at 27oz. I didn't really feel it was that heavy. I just felt it was a bulky somewhat large gun. The weight wasn't a problem though.

I'd say that is a huge gun for CC. Its the chevy of pistols. Its a good solid 9mm, nothing special, kinda bulky, but no more so than any other full frame 9. Way too big for CCW IMO.

I used to have a P98 (9mm version) and I would have to agree that if you're thinking of buying this as a CC you should not. It's frame is on the larger side and not something you'd be easily concealing. On the other hand, if you're looking at it as something to keep in a safe box in the home you'll be very happy with it. My P98 was SS and never had any problems with it at all.

i ordered this gun roughly a week ago for 299 with 2 magazines. 350 is high being used. id give him 250 tops. its a bigger heavier 9mm....but its a ruger and the p95 has been proven time and time again over the years. it s a great gun for the monies. its not a carry gun by any means what so ever unless its in a duffel bag or case.

I was hoping it might fit in my man purse......jk!

Thanks for the opinions on the gun. I'm going to meet with him this weekend to see it. I'll try to talk him down on the price. And if he goes for it, I'll probably buy it, based on your good reviews.

Mostly I wanted something to keep in a lock box by the bed for home protection anyway.

I have a P95 and have no complaints about it. It isn't the highest quality piece, but it will move lead. I just saw that Vance's has them new for $260 or $270. I think $270. It comes with two mags, and a gun lock.

I would not consider carrying this gun, as it is big and has some weight to it.

I think $350 is quite high. If you are willing to spend that, I will sell you mine which has 100 rounds through it for $330.

Edited by Goldie

I have a P95 and have no complaints about it. It isn't the highest quality piece, but it will move lead. I just saw that Vance's has them new for $260 or $270. I think $270. It comes with two mags, and a gun lock.

I would not consider carrying this gun, as it is big and has some weight to it.

I think $350 is quite high. If you are willing to spend that, I will sell you mine which has 100 rounds through it for $330.

What stuff do you have with it for that price?

I had a little bit of sarcasm in that statement and I apologize for that. Mine has two mags and a gun lock. I don't have a holster.

I think that $350 is a lot, Vances has them advertised for $270 right now. You could walk out with on for $288.23 sans the holster. And I would bet you could probably even get a holster and still be under the $350 price point.

I can't remember if you posted that a friend was selling it, so if that's the case, and you want to help them out, I understand willing to pay the $350.

does anyone have any oppinions on the ruger P944.. ive been eye ballin on for a while and cheapest i found in the dayton area was 450.. and found online for just under that shipped but for the price difference and paying the FFL it will be very similar..

Seems high to me and here is the add from vances. $269.99 new http://vanceoutdoors.com/flyer/flyer.pdf

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go to Vance's this week and look at them. The guy that was selling one hasn't called me back since I started trying to talk him down. I told him I could buy one new for $275.