Columbus: involved in accident, need body shop referral

natedogg624

long story short, spun the car on 670 and the back end of my car (honda accord) is smashed.

i have usaa and they gave me a list of preferred collision repaired centers, surprisingly roush honda, my first thought, was not on their list. i could use them, but that would just be a little more work/headaches than i need with school.

so these are the closest ones i can go to:

i can drive the car, but not highway and don't feel comfortable going too far beyond the outerbelt.

---------------------

True 2 Form

Dan Tobin Pontiac Buick G M C

Mccombe Body Shop

First Impressions

Combs Collision Inc

Dave Gill Pontiac

-----------

anybody have any experience with any of these guys?

Thank you

If you want to see True to form's work after a few years, look at my car. Rusting through, only in the area they worked on. Steer clear of them- I had so many issues along the way- mainly the trim not put on correctly. The rust just tops the shit flavoured cake I got served from them.

I've worked for True 2 Form and would not recomend . I would also not go to a dealership bodyshop especially with a car line not supported by that dealer.

That leave Comb's and Mcombe I've not heard bad about either but have not heard good either.

If you truely want it fixed right and fixed right the FIRST time with a lifetime warranty I highly recomend Forgraves. It is a small family owned and ran shop that has been in business in the same spot for years and years. I only use him period, for both personal stuff and work stuff and come to know the owner and everyone in the shop all are good people. Bruce Forgrave is the owner and is in there everyday go in there and tell him Todd sent you there he will take care of you and make sure the deductible goes away and probally save you a little more too. Plus Lifetime warranty on his work.

Its in Newark so an extra 25 miles but you will not regret it.

And fyi Tru 2 Form used to be ACRA collision and theres a reason "very bad reason" the name had to be changed.

thanks guys.

yea likwid its lined up to go to roush right now, just curious as to why they weren't a preferred repair center, if they had a bad rep or what... ill probably get it changed to go somewhere closer before the weekends out once i think this over and clear my head over night.

No matter what dealerships tell you they do not have the latest equipment for autobody and frame. They dont invest in the body shop as much as the service shop.

The techs there also do not have the same training. A backyard tech can get a job at a dealership bodyshop but would never get a job at a reputable bodyshop and the warranty is no comparison. Thats a few of the reasons I say dont use a dealership bodyshop.

I used Roush. Cant tell anything at all happened. Great work and even went to bat for me with the insurance company on a couple parts.

Look through 3Cs site to learn about "preferred shops" and your rights.

I dont know anyone whos used them but theyve been in the game awhile.

http://www.threecbodyshop.com/yourrights.shtml

thanks guys.

yea likwid its lined up to go to roush right now, just curious as to why they weren't a preferred repair center, if they had a bad rep or what... ill probably get it changed to go somewhere closer before the weekends out once i think this over and clear my head over night.

Personally, I'd suspect they aren't preferred because they don't need to. They get enough business they don't need to jump through hoops to be "preferred" by USAA... or they don't want to cut their estimates down so they can always be under a % or some crap

I can vouch for Combs. Great work, couldn't tell anything had happened. Used them twice, car and truck.

My mom used them once and did have some issues but they were very apologetic and quick to fix the issue.

On the other hand my mom used true 2 form for another accident and they cut corners just so they didn't have to total the car. Got it back and the electronically adjustable seat no longer works and the CD player no longer works as well. They care and quite honestly the bodywork itself was shitty. They even badged the 'GT' emblem on the back of the car in the wrong place!

Ive been in the business for a while in columbus and i can tell you i wouldnt let first impressions 3c or combs fix a wheelborrow for me. The whole crew at first impressions is all former 3c employee's. Three c has a horrible reputation and after working woth several guys who worked at combs i can tell you they do whatever it takes to shove the car through the process.

As for you Dealership bashers, In order to get a job at our shop we all had to first be ase and Icar gold certified. Our equipment is updated on a regular basis and we spray the best paint money can buy. While it is true that select dealers only have shops due to being mandated by the mfg, it is not a requirement for ours. Tansky is the only toyota certified shop in columbus.

I reccomend asking what brand of paint will be sprayed. Ask if its a solvent or a waterborne system. Anyone up to the times and standards should be using waterborne.

Almost all car mfg's have been using water for the last 10 years.

Avoid any shop that is willing to pay or assist you with your deductable. RUN FAST...

Ever heard the term theres no such thing as free money? that deductable comes out of the repair, Ive seen it a thousand times. Roush is a good shop theyre a state farm select service program which is a hard program to maintain a good rating on.

Who is your insurance with? I can tell you about how smooth things will go .

As for you Dealership bashers, In order to get a job at our shop we all had to first be ase and Icar gold certified. Our equipment is updated on a regular basis and we spray the best paint money can buy. While it is true that select dealers only have shops due to being mandated by the mfg, it is not a requirement for ours. Tansky is the only toyota certified shop in columbus.

Thats good to know about Tansky atleast theres still a dealer or two out there that cares to do it right. I have a feeling you know exactly what I was talking about in my dealership comments though.

First Impressions has done a ton of work for me.. and for the dealership I work for...they are great and stand behind their work. If you decide to use them, call 274-5555 and ask for Chris Brown, tell him nick from Hatfield sent you..:coffee:

Dude,

Just go to 3c's, maybe Jade can try out her newly acquired welding skills on your ride. She's a real go getter you know. Jk.

LOL!

3C did a crappy job on a easy repair on my hubby's Pontiac ages ago. They left a huge gap between the headlight and the side panel. It didn't match the gap on the left side light/panel. We no longer have the car but for other reasons.

I can personally say I had crappy work done on my Protege at Cheshrown Kia. Grange who was insurance carrier at the time pushed me into using them. This is a pretty lenghthy story with that situation so I'll just say it took 2.5 repairs to get it right. The .5 repair was damage they did to my car RIGHT in front of me. It wasn't like they meant to do it of course.. but come on! Be careful will ya?!

Good luck on whoever you use.