Helmet Funk....How to get rid of the smell????

BornSinner

With the Shoei RF-1000 the liners dont come out without remove them from the glue.....

So I went with the hand washing it in the bath tub....

It work great....

I let it dry over the heater vent all night, and it was dry in the morning.

Good luck to all....

i pee in mine

A little O this will do the trick:

http://www.nilodor.com/shop/show/category/Commercial_%2526_Janitorial/department/Bio-Enzymatic/id/62

Bio-Enzymatic Urine Digester

ZYM.jpg This biodegradable, four strain bacteria formulation will provide immediate relief by neutralizing and eliminating the source of the odor. Extremely efficient at breaking down and digesting organic waste. The ORIGINAL fragrance has been approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI).

Applications: Restrooms, Urinals, Trash Containers, helmets

If my helmet liner doesnt come out, I do the same thing I do with my dirt bike helmet which is put liquid soap in in and spray it with the garden hose until it fills. Wash with hand and spray out and let dry.. its just plastic and Styrofoam so you wont hurt anything.

HAHA.. I just went back and read that link.. I guess I was doing it right.. :)

If my helmet liner doesnt come out, I do the same thing I do with my dirt bike helmet which is put liquid soap in in and spray it with the garden hose until it fills. Wash with hand and spray out and let dry.. its just plastic and Styrofoam so you wont hurt anything.

That is about what I did in the tub....and it worked great....

After it was dry....installed the speakers back in...and then the check pads....

So Fresh...So Clean