Snow Season is officially over!

Todd#43

I picked up my new to me skid steer this morning.

Because I've spent the money it officially will not snow in Ohio again this winter.

Go ahead and get the bikes ready for a ride this weekend.

Actually, I played with it a bit this afternoon. Not a bad deal - $3,000.00 for the whole lot (forks, decent bucket, and two extra motors)

picture.php?albumid=191&pictureid=9341

I picked up my new to me skid steer this morning.

Because I've spent the money it officially will not snow in Ohio again this winter.

Go ahead and get the bikes ready for a ride this weekend.

Actually, I played with it a bit this afternoon. Not a bad deal - $3,000.00 for the whole lot (forks, decent bucket, and two extra motors)

Wow! That sounds like a good deal! Sure, an enclosed dab would be nice, but for $3k, it's good.

Is it gas or diesel?

Looks like fun...mods soon?

Yeah, ummm....no

Thanks Todd! Now, as long as nobody washes their car, it won't rain either.

BTW, nice little rig there.

Rain I have no problem with. I needed to do something about the snow. Now I've done it.

BTW, you're welcome.

Wow! That sounds like a good deal! Sure, an enclosed dab would be nice, but for $3k, it's good.

Is it gas or diesel?

There's a company in Bowling Green or somewhere that makes cabs for them with a 12 volt heater. Not too expensive either - like $500.00

Its gas. They wanted too much money for most of the diesel ones I looked at.

can you do wheelies in it?

Nope - not yet. I did get it bouncing pretty good a couple of times today though.

Thats a Case right? Are the bucket controls foot or hand operated?

Actually, its a Ford. The bucket controls are on the levers. Pretty easy to operate. My foot keeps looking for the brake pedal though.

Nice... I was trying to talk to my wife into letting me have one so when we move I have something to build a nice dirt track with.
Good deal. What you going to do with it?

I was going to keep my parking lot and dock snow free with it. Since it wont snow again this year, I'm gonna use it to build a dirt bike track at the shop.

Anyone have any dirt laying around that they aren't using?

Nope - not yet. I did get it bouncing pretty good a couple of times today though.

Actually, its a Ford. The bucket controls are on the levers. Pretty easy to operate. My foot keeps looking for the brake pedal though.

Never used a Ford skid steer. I hate hand controls though, it leaves nothing for your feet to do, and I find it easier to be more precise with foot controls. Have fun with it though. And if you store it in an unheated garage or outdoors, a block heater would be an excellent investment.

Never used a Ford skid steer. I hate hand controls though, it leaves nothing for your feet to do, and I find it easier to be more precise with foot controls. Have fun with it though. And if you store it in an unheated garage or outdoors, a block heater would be an excellent investment.

I've never used a Ford either, but I'm not gonna let that stop me. I'm also not too worried about precision.

For now, I've got some room in the shop for it. Things get any tighter, and I'll have to put it outside in the 40' shipping container I bought before Christmas.

Suposed to be close to 40 degrees out thursday. Thanks for buying that now I can ride to work again. Now buy something so its warm for that 5am ride home.

Some people are never happy. I took care of the snow, you deal with the cold. Ever heard of long underwear?

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand.

One is propane, the other gasoline.

They're Wisconsin VH4D's and supposedly both of them run. I'll probably sell at least one of them.

I'm gonna doubt that the propane engine is much different, so you may want to keep that one, or all the stuff bolted on that is different, that way you'd still have the option to run propane. My boss has a bi-fuel setup on his Ranger, Gasoline and Propane and can switch on the fly. It's nice when gas is expensive, such as it is right now, especially since he locks in a good price on propane every year for the filling ststion. I think he's at less than $1.5 for propane right now, close to half the price of 87 unleaded.

It's nice to be able to run down to the shop to fill my grill tank, also! :D

I'm gonna doubt that the propane engine is much different, so you may want to keep that one, or all the stuff bolted on that is different, that way you'd still have the option to run propane. My boss has a bi-fuel setup on his Ranger, Gasoline and Propane and can switch on the fly. It's nice when gas is expensive, such as it is right now, especially since he locks in a good price on propane every year for the filling ststion. I think he's at less than $1.5 for propane right now, close to half the price of 87 unleaded.

It's nice to be able to run down to the shop to fill my grill tank, also! :D

I'm sure that internally the gas and propane motors are the same. All of the "different" stuff could be easily removed and installed on a gas engine.

I don't have a giant propane tank to fill from, so I'd have to have to use my big lift truck bottles. Doing it that way there isn't much price advantage to using propane. The only advantage would be not having to worry about old gas.