Need a good carb tuner

Funjunkie

stick with stock air filter first off. i promise you it will perform better than any other aftermarket filter. there are loads of tests that prove this.

also do not buy dynojet, it doesn't mix well with our carbs. factory pro or ivans jet kit will be good.

factory pro and ivan have pretty much spot on r/d, call them up and tell them what kit you have with your air intake/exhaust setup and they will tell you the mains/pilots/air fuel mixture to use and it'll be pretty spot on, meaning if you take it to a pro, you'd only gain maybe 1-1.5hp from their base.

Dude get the kit and do it. The amount of money u will spend having it done is outrageous. It's easy to do, do some research on the web and see what is involved I. Our setup and do it. I paid once and said fuckit I'm learning how to do it. It's very simple to do just time consuming.

Im leaning toward doing it myself.. maybe bounce some things off of you guys, but I think i can handle it. If I can stand it Im going to wait for the weather to warm up a bit and then tear it apart. I'm getting the high mount and new rearsets in this week from a guy in FL. Next will be the carb kit and a 520 set up. Any feedback on gearing would be helpful. I need to have it ready for Mid Ohio on 4/24.

Hey I'm wanting to jet my F2 as well...maybe we could get a little joint operation going on whenever you get started. I ran the thought of doing it myself through my head but considering I've never pulled apart a carb before, it could end terribly. Could be a lot of help to have someone helpin me out. Let me know what you think.

Funny, I just went through this last year... :)

The Morgan Carbtune is your friend, making sure your carbs are properly synced is the most important thing.

After you have the best sync you can manage, THEN start working on this site: http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html. A lot of these jets will be selected for you by Factory Pro or Ivan's depending on your intake/exhaust setup, but everyone's engine is different so you'll have to play with the float heights and needle positions.

When I got my carbs back together, I happened to have a friend with a O2 sensor and a A/F gauge, we just stuck the sensor as far down the exhaust as we could then tweaked the carbs until we had a good mix.

Im leaning toward doing it myself.. maybe bounce some things off of you guys, but I think i can handle it. If I can stand it Im going to wait for the weather to warm up a bit and then tear it apart. I'm getting the high mount and new rearsets in this week from a guy in FL. Next will be the carb kit and a 520 set up. Any feedback on gearing would be helpful. I need to have it ready for Mid Ohio on 4/24.

Hey maybe we can compare who's bikes are setup better when we go lol. although mine's pretty sick right now, can't figure out whats going on around 10k.

Yea.. getting them synced is the part I worry about. ive had carbs apart before and cleaned them... but only one at a time.

Syncing is easy, someone on here is bound to have the carbtune tool.

Hey maybe we can compare who's bikes are setup better when we go lol. although mine's pretty sick right now, can't figure out whats going on around 10k.

Syncing is easy, someone on here is bound to have the carbtune tool.

I have the Motion Pro Sync Pro, or whatever it's called. The toughest part of syncing my Hon-duh is getting to the screws, and having it close to begin with.

I've been wrestling with this on my '77 for awhile now. The jets were not stock, so I bought the right ones and installed them, and I've been diddling the tuning ever since. The carbs lack the right ports for the sync tool we had available, and they use both a pilot fuel screw and an air screw for adjustment.

Tuning a 4-into-2 by smell is a pain in the ass.

Ill do research on the syncing part. I dont want to buy a tool just to use once. I dont think ill ever have another carbed bike. The PC3 on my old F4i, was much easier.

Just fyi... The TB's on an injected bike should be synced if they're ever taken off. The throttle plates all need to be doing the same thing no matter how the fuel is delivered. The small size of motorcycle engines make it more critical than multi-carbed car engines.

Yea.. Its still on all the factory settings, its never been synced before. only has 6000 miles on it.. I found it in a barn last year, it had a clogged main jet in one of the carbs. I cleaned that out and thats been it, as far as work done to the motor. It still has a small miss at idle, but pulls strong at speed.