2 questions

Hoblick

first what frame sliders are these??

i need to replace this one obviously, and i rather get the replacement slider than get a whole new kit

this is just the part that is replaceable. it screws into the other part on the bike,

20543_1319426501467_1104906712_31013088_5082133_n.jpg

20543_1319426381464_1104906712_31013087_5436465_n.jpg

20543_1319426061456_1104906712_31013086_5498665_n.jpg

second question

im gonna put new brake fluid in the viffer, i got some of the new dot 5.1 motul stuff... its for dot 3 & 4

do i need to full flush the brake system and clutch system with something like alcohol first, or can i just add this stuff in and push the old stuff out till its clear.

didnt know if it would mix right, i know its a direct replacement for dot 4, but just making sure

Dont run frame sliders on a track bike. In the event of a crash frame sliders can dig deep into the dirt and cause the bike to flip rather than slide. Non of the teams that i paint for use sliders citing the above and that due to most mounting points depending on the crash they can alo do more frame damage than good ie: snapping motor mounts and snapping themselves leaving a broke bolt to extract

Dont run frame sliders on a track bike. In the event of a crash frame sliders can dig deep into the dirt and cause the bike to flip rather than slide. Non of the teams that i paint for use sliders citing the above and that due to most mounting points depending on the crash they can alo do more frame damage than good ie: snapping motor mounts and snapping themselves leaving a broke bolt to extract

That's what I have heard, they tend to do more damage than protection. Go with folding levers/pedals and such. Or just don't wreck :rolleyes:

im gonna put new brake fluid in the viffer, i got some of the new dot 5.1 motul stuff... its for dot 3 & 4

do i need to full flush the brake system and clutch system with something like alcohol first, or can i just add this stuff in and push the old stuff out till its clear.

didnt know if it would mix right, i know its a direct replacement for dot 4, but just making sure

I did the same thing on mine. I got DOT 3&4 fluid. It's actually DOT 4 fluid but they'd lose some sales if someone passed it up because they needed DOT 3 fluid. They're just letting you know that it's OK to put 4 in 3 systems.

All the same, flush the old out with the new thoroughly.

+1 on the brake stuff, looks like it all worked out. I HIGHLY recommend picking up some speedbleeders at IP, they are about 15 bucks or so for a pair but it takes all the guesswork out of bleeding the brake system.

+1 on the brake stuff, looks like it all worked out. I HIGHLY recommend picking up some speedbleeders at IP, they are about 15 bucks or so for a pair but it takes all the guesswork out of bleeding the brake system.

i never have had trouble bleeding brakes before. and didnt have a problem now, i was jsut curious about the new fluid type vs. old and if i should evacuate the system comlpetely of the dot 4 or not before putting in the 5.1

after some reading though its no big deal of not evacuating the lines of the old fluid first, jsut push in new and push out old.. just like i did with the other bikes i have done.

i was jsut a little concerned with the diferent fluid, but turns out its the same stuff just a better

I use a pneumatic bleeder. Hook it up to the bleeder screw. Makes a whole bike a 5 minute job. Glad you got it taken care of man.

i have a mighty vac, but i had my buddy there and we were just hanging out, so i never broke that thing out

Just make sure its not the Dot 5 silicone version, that cannot be mixed. As far as your DOT 5.1, have to make sure there is not water or moisture, as this can effect the performance (kinda like water and vinegar). I am only going from the automotive world in brake fluid, Im sure motorcycle hydraulics are the same.