...hehehe

RSVDon

My Jeep does the out-of-control throttle occasionally. Just another "problem" that doesn't exist, according to the manufacturer. But with a manual transmission, you don't go out of control very far. Nowhere actually, just push the clutch in and watch the tach hover around 1500 rpm on it's own for a few seconds.

It only does it when starting. Sometimes I stop and turn it off and back on again. Once I disconnected the battery and let the computer reset.

But throttle-by-wire? What were they thinking? Dang thing better be fail proof, fool proof and self correcting. And it isn't... Same goes for steering-by-wire. Geez...

Wow! I would've figured a GNX motor would've lasted longer than that.

yeah i hoped it was the trial run with the turbo set up on it. Had it all nice and baja like with the radiator and intercooler in the bed. I apparently didn't do a good enough job of protecting the turbo. Got into some deep mud and was kinda stuck so I put it to the floor needless to say sucked all kinds of nasty in the turbo and popped the head gasket. whoops.

yeah i hoped it was the trial run with the turbo set up on it. Had it all nice and baja like with the radiator and intercooler in the bed. I apparently didn't do a good enough job of protecting the turbo. Got into some deep mud and was kinda stuck so I put it to the floor needless to say sucked all kinds of nasty in the turbo and popped the head gasket. whoops.

Doh!!!

I always thought throttle by wire was a bad and unnecessary idea.

I still love my Yotas though. Remember the rusted frame issues with the Tacomas? Toyota bought them back at 150% of excellent value. They stand behind their product. You wont see the Big 3 do that. I see their trucks running around all the time with busted and rusted frames.

I still love my Yotas though. Remember the rusted frame issues with the Tacomas? Toyota bought them back at 150% of excellent value. They stand behind their product. You wont see the Big 3 do that. I see their trucks running around all the time with busted and rusted frames.

wish they would have bought my 88 trail rig back. i dont remember the years it covered but i know it aint mine. also I havent researched this recall but is anyone positive she just didnt fall asleep/pass out and just lay on the the throttle?

wish they would have bought my 88 trail rig back. i dont remember the years it covered but i know it aint mine. also I havent researched this recall but is anyone positive she just didnt fall asleep/pass out and just lay on the the throttle?

The frame recall covers 95-02 Tacomas.

There were 2 factories making the frames for that model and 1 of them was not applying the same rust preventative coating that the other was, so not all were bought back. The ones with frame damage were. My brother has a 95 with 250k on it and his is fine.