2004 saab 9-3 aero 6spd

Steve Butters

damn, I was looking at the beginning of the thread thinking "hmmm, I have a shit ton of equity on my Scion, I wonder if I sell it..." then I see you smacked into the remains of Bambi. Glad you're OK, and good luck selling the Saab. Loves me some manuals!

• 3 months later...

I've just picked up my 4th Saab. Would love the 6speed though. I've got the 3.0 liter V6 turbo.

There's a lot that can be done to that car. Boost the turbo, and a computer reprogram, and your looking at 345hp for the 2.0 liter...:p

I've just picked up my 4th Saab. Would love the 6speed though. I've got the 3.0 liter V6 turbo.

There's a lot that can be done to that car. Boost the turbo, and a computer reprogram, and your looking at 345hp for the 2.0 liter...:p

really? ive only seen these pushed to stage 3 with 280hp... stage 3 chip, turbo back exhaust, open air intake

only way i see to make more HP than that, would be to throw in a larger turbo, but then you have to find a way to custom tune it and also to bypass the computer to allow it to make more boost....it would not be easy AT ALL

if i was going that far to do it, ide get a larger bottom end out of a cobalt, some nice forged internals, port/polish my head, slap it on there with some cams, and a gt35r.... run a stand alone ecu and bypass all the factory shit....but then youre left with a very raw car, killing all resale value, making the SID worthless, etc...it can be done, but its definately not easy to mod these if youre looking for much more than 280bhp....and cant forget, EXPENSIVE as hell to mod

Guy named Tommy "Turbo" around here who likes to play with the cars, up on Chambers, if you feel like playing. You are right though- it is with a different turbo in the write up.

Mine is the family truckster, so nothing insane.:p