Possibly looking to buy?

demitrix

Okay short version of the story, the girl I'm dating wants to start to ride, I've taught her and shes ready for her own bike, and theres the problem. She works for a division of AmeriCorp so she makes ~$4/hr. So I guess this is kind of a plea to the community, hoping someone can produce a small bike, preferably a Ninja 250, but open to all ideas, for around $1000. I know this is a low price, and i know this is gonna sound ridiculous, but she also battles with depression, and right now with spring coming and her not having any money and just other life issues she is extremely down on the rocks. I want to be able to pick up this bike with some help financially from her family and surprise her with it. Sorry for the sob story but i know this is the one thing that will cheer her up. Thanks guys :o

It's going to be a little difficult (but not impossible) finding a sportbike for a grand, even if it is a 250. I'd start burning up leads quickly, as soon as the weather starts breaking back into riding season the prices are going to start going up in a hurry.

ive got a xs400 that needs some paint and a little work to get it running good but id take 100-200 bucks for it. It runs ok but it putters out every now and again i think its something with the carb but not sure. Had it running great last year it was a feaking blast to ride.