Dude fired for helping lady out... wtf?

Casper

There could be more to the story but, the way I would have handled that situation if I were the owner is not to fire the employee but to hold him up as what good people he has working for him to get some publicity for the company. Then when the guy screws off, which he will if he was such a bad employee then I would fire him. The idiot running the company should have seen the opportunity in front of him is he was smart. You can call me an evil republican if you want but thats the smart thing to do.

There could be more to the story but, the way I would have handled that situation if I were the owner is not to fire the employee but to hold him up as what good people he has working for him to get some publicity for the company. Then when the guy screws off, which he will if he was such a bad employee then I would fire him. The idiot running the company should have seen the opportunity in front of him is he was smart. You can call me an evil republican if you want but thats the smart thing to do.

Truth... I question the time frame... Was he fired immediately? Or did he show up 2 hours late the next day and was given the ax...

Truth... I question the time frame... Was he fired immediately? Or did he show up 2 hours late the next day and was given the ax...

I agree, It does seem fishy and a bad employee will still be a bad employee in two weeks when the storys long gone. You have to take the good w the bad and make the bad good...

I agree, It does seem fishy and a bad employee will still be a bad employee in two weeks when the storys long gone. You have to take the good w the bad and make the bad good...

Yup, but who knows... maybe his festering herpes mustache was dripping into the soup of the day... :dunno:

I don't think they fired him immediately. The story on tv showed him smiling in the restuarant and talking about how he helped her in the parking lot. I think he would have mentioned it in the interview if it would have happened immediately. It's possible I'm wrong though.

I don't think they fired him immediately. The story on tv showed him smiling in the restuarant and talking about how he helped her in the parking lot. I think he would have mentioned it in the interview if it would have happened immediately. It's possible I'm wrong though.

Agreed... I read everything with a healthy dose of skepticism... Helps keep me from becoming a sheep.gif