LOOONG days at work

speedytriple

So inlight of a slight industrial accident we had a few months back my work has created a new job in my department. I and a few other unlucky bastards got picked to train for it as we had the most time in on the equipment it happened on. It consisted of a 2 hour saftey meeting and training course(boring) then for the last two days I have been doing this new job. It consists of testing our safety equipment at the start of the shift with the gas that we had the oops with? Then filling out a log sheet. After that we get to walk up 3 flights of steps to check a kiln for hydrogen flouride gas, then check the back of the kiln for it. then go down stairs and do a reading on the feed rate of the chemicals going into the kiln. This takes 5 mins. then repeat every 15 mins for 8 hours. You get 5 mins between tests. My god is this the most mind numbing job ever! Not only are we testing for poisionous gas, but we get to climb 3 flights of steps 32 times. My mind hurts... rant over. here is what we have to check. and yes it is that dirty where I work! LOL These are photoshopped if anyone from work reads this and not real photos?!

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy199/Speedytriple597/lhkiln.jpg?t=1265351256

Edited by speedytriple

People would kill to have a job that can kill them? I am happy to have a job, but this was needed four years ago and put on a back burner till someone almost got killed. Then they freak out and make us walk the line all day until they can get funds and parts to fix there fuxk up. They are ordering parts to install internal sensors and a laser to track temps feed rate and hf gas levels.

People would kill to have a job that can kill them?

In this economy yes, people would kill to have job that would put money in there pocket so that they do not lose there homes, cars and can put food in there kids mouth. Sad but true. If you honestly feel that your employer is putting you in danger than you need to contact the HR dept or anonymously complain to OSHA.