Ducati SF- worth the 15k?

OfcMav

Well jrmm the Ducati is what I have always wanted and I would like to think that I can do most of the upkeep maintenance for the bike. I want the naked bike because i love the new styling of the SF....the M1100 is growing on me now too. I really would like a liter size bike and the ergos of the nakeds as opposed the supersports. I like doing the twisties but I would like to take extended trips to West Va, PA, and maybe a ride to Washington D.C. those would be the extent of my longer trips, and they do not occur very often, i usually just ride around mohican area and south to coshocton and hocking. I have concerns with A. the wind, B. on the M1100 the smaller gas tank for short/mid range riding. What others would you all suggest if against the SF/M1100 because of the upkeep and wind. My first bike was a Suz Bandit and I did notice on the highway the wind knockin the bike around but I also thought that was due to my lack of experience? And i LOVE the Twin on sportbikes as opposed to the 4s so that is a big thing for me too --- hope this helps and hope for good suggestions!

Edited by OfcMav

That's a great list

of bikes I'd never want to own because I couldn't work on them or find parts myself.

Pussy.

Out of those bikes, the only ones I'd be worried about with parts are the Benelli and the Moto Guzzi. But I know of a dealer for both in Detroit. Second, why is it that everyone assumes just because it's not Japanese that it must be hard to work on, WTF? All of the bikes I listed are almost identical in service styles to the far-east bikes.

Jrmm i havent made up my mind yet actually. hell i have no idea what to do, what i do know is that is one hell of a list RSV thanks! i hate making decisions sometimes, but when i do pull the trigger on something it is going to be grand.

i'm partial to the ape, but i'm going to bet that the SF will be the better performer. Of course, HOW MUCH betterer is it? probably not as big a difference as the price might suggest, especially if you go with a tuono factory.

don't forget the super duke. that there is one fine machine.

i'm partial to the ape, but i'm going to bet that the SF will be the better performer. Of course, HOW MUCH betterer is it? probably not as big a difference as the price might suggest, especially if you go with a tuono factory.

don't forget the super duke. that there is one fine machine.

Oh shit, forgot the Super Duke! Doh! Yeah, SuperDuke for the win too. And it has a Rotax motor as well. The Duc SF seems like a great bike but I dunno, the ergos didn't seem that ideal. Kinda half naked with half supersport bar position. The Testastretta? motor is a great one but I gotta same I'm partial to the Ape's Rotax 990. Even though it makes 10 less HP/TQ it's a bulletproof motor that doesn't require a lot of maintenance at all and some people have easily put 50,000+ miles on them with just regular oil changes, plugs, and valve checks every 30k miles.

Mav, your choice on bike is up to you and you alone. I just gave you a pictorial so you know what's out there. Whatever you choose, be happy with it and ignore the haters. :)

This is where our train of thoughts go different ways. Everybody from your grandma to your little sister has and drives a Miata. Plus it has a reputation for being a Barbie car.

Not everyone drives a Lotus, take for example when "Doc" pulled into Pig Iron last year with his limited edition Elise. Look how much attention that got. And nobody calls it a Barbie car. Exclusivity, performance, and respect is something the Miata doesn't have and the Lotus does.

That's why I like the Lotus.