Gloabal Gun Control, Levi Brand supported

chevysoldier

yeah' date=' i get that a lot. :lol:

Srsly, the last thing i want to do is have access to a loaded firearm when i've just been awoken from a dream of me putting the goods to some gorgeous, tall, [b']mute, italian supermodel. I'm going to be über pissed if that happens, so it's best for everyone in the general vicinity that i have a few moments to wake the fuck up and calm the fuck down.

hahaha

I have 2 safes. One for long guns and a small lock box for pistols. I'd like to get a biometric box for the pistols' date=' but it isn't in the cards right now. Anyway, I keep the magazines next to the pistols in the lock box. All of the long guns are unloaded, except for the shotgun. It's loaded, but not chambered. If I'm woken in the middle of the night by things that go "bump", I'm loading the handgun(s), handing one to Lyns, then grabbing the 12 gauge. Since I'm not 100% sure what's downstairs, I'll be keeping the barrel pointed down the hallway while she calls the police. Chances are I'm not going to kill someone that's trying to steal my television. None of the bedrooms are downstairs. If someone comes upstairs, they get smoked. Period.

I've done some drilling in regards to reaction times and whatnot, but mostly go by statistics. Numbers don't lie.. and you're more likely to shoot a family member with a loaded weapon in your home than you are an intruder. The "antis" like to use those numbers against gun owners, but I'd rather use them to facilitate a safer, gun-friendly household. If I was paranoid enough that I thought I was going to be ambushed in the middle of the night I'd hire security to watch the perimeter while I slept. Thankfully, I'm not paranoid.. and I am just realistic.

Also, being "gun-friendly" does not equate to removing respect for the deadly characteristics that a gun possesses. This is why I don't carry unchambered. I like knowing that the gun is loaded anytime it is out of the safe. It ensures that I stay respectful of safety. It's not a toy. It's not a fashion piece. It is a deadly weapon. I try to treat it as such as much as possible.[/quote']

I totally understand what you are saying. I guess you go with what is most comfortable and safe for your personal situation. I don't like the idea of wasting time to get to the gun, then load it. My safe has a push button combo with key. Personally I feel safer having it within reach when I need it than having to get across the room into the safe. But then I also wake up very coherent when there is an emergency. I have been looking at biometrics. Like you, if I had the cash I'd have one.

Yeah' date=' laugh it up. I'd rather use the few seconds needed to unlock the gun, load it and chamber to wake up and realize WTF is going on instead of accidentally shooting my spouse in a slumbered stupor.

...but to each his own.[/quote']

dont lie. you know its a dream to shoot your wife. at least it is for me... god she never stops bitching.