Cowasocki 250R recall

max power

Saw a recall notice in Motorcyclist today and figured I better post up about it incase our few 1/4 liter bike riding members hadnt heard.

Vehicle Make / Model: KAWASAKI / EX250

Model Year(s): 2009-2010 Manufacturer: KAWASAKI MOTORS CORP., U.S.A.

Mfr's Report Date: NOV 24, 2009

NHTSA2_bing.gif CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V464000

NHTSA Action Number: N/A

Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

Potential Number of Units Affected: 259

Summary:

spacer.gif KAWASAKI IS RECALLING MODEL YEAR 2009-2010 EX250 NINJA 250 MOTORCYCLES. POROSITY IN THE ENGINE CASE COULD ALLOW ENGINE OIL TO LEAK, AND BE DEPOSITED ON THE REAR TIRE. A SMALL NUMBER OF UPPER ENGINE CASES FOR THE AFFECTED MODEL COULD HAVE POROSITY IN THE ALUMINUM CASTING. THIS POROSITY OCCURS IN THE VICINITY OF A PRESSURIZED OIL PASSAGE JUST ABOVE THE TRANSMISSION OUTPUT SHAFT. Consequence:

spacer.gif ENGINE OIL LEAKING FROM THIS LOCATION CAN BE DEPOSITED ON THE REAR TIRE, CREATING THE RISK OF A CRASH. Remedy:

spacer.gif DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND CHECK FOR LEAKS IN THE VICINITY OF THE SUSPECTED POROSITY. UNITS EVIDENCING SIGNS OF LEAKAGE WILL BE REPAIRED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT DECEMBER 8, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT KAWASAKI AT 1-866-802-9381.

:nono: Not a good idea, since YOU started on one as well. For the record, the 250 has been claimed by the OTHER jporter.... So, yeah, it pretty much is a girl's bike, but I still ride it once in a while.

:lol: They said it, I just quoted it and added a little smilie. HAHA