First time shooting

scottb

The round will make its way properly from the mag tube in the chamber and seat into the barrel. After the round is fired, you can not rack the slide to eject the shell. The "manual" (action bar lock, as listed in the owners manual)release lever does not move, and seems to be stuck in the upward most position ( close to the bottom of the mag tube). The finger on the breech bolt appears to be in the correct postion at the base of the shell, but you can not slide anything backward to release the shell from the bottom ( chamber side) of the barrel.

PM Sent

Not an expert but sounds like you might have got a box of bad shells. Like mentioned if it is not locking into battery it would not fire and it is. It sounds like you got a few shells that might have been out of round? Have you tried other types of ammo yet? I have a 870 and have never had any problems with it?

it should shoot any 12ga shells without a hitch...my mossberg has NEVER had any problems and its shot aplenty shells...i have alot of friends with 870's and they all say they are the best thing ever...so idk why your having trouble. Good luck, and the 308 is sick!!

I have a mossberg 500 and have probably put literally thousands of rounds through it in ten years, and have never had a miss-fire, or a shell not eject. I have shot every kind of brand and type you can imagine, slugs, 6,7, and 8 shot(different barrel of course) and most of the time I even just buy the cheap shot from Wal-Mart to shoot clays. I would send the thing to Remington just to be sure, because that thing should be as reliable as a Glock.

I spoke to Remington today. They suggest switching to another type of round for about 15-20 shells. Plan B is the chamber needs to be polished. The only autherized place for Rem warrenty work is in Cambridge ohio, or one closer to me in PA. I might save the gas/shipping money and just take it in to a gunsmith that is close and have the chamber polished if it is not too much. WALTHER, thank you for the PM.

scott try a different round first for sure. I wouldn't trust polishing to solve the issue.

As for everything else here, lol @ this forum. You guys are awesome, I love you.

Now I need to go take my Mossy 500 sniper shotgun out to the shooty place with some new cartridges. It's difficult because the trigger is super sensitive so I keep putting each shot grouping too high.

Thanks Likwid. We can go to the shooty place together.

It was cool that the place I bought it from gave a 25 round box for free for my trouble. So, I will try the new rounds maybe this weekend, if I am not traveling for work.

scott try a different round first for sure. I wouldn't trust polishing to solve the issue.

As for everything else here, lol @ this forum. You guys are awesome, I love you.

Now I need to go take my Mossy 500 sniper shotgun out to the shooty place with some new cartridges. It's difficult because the trigger is super sensitive so I keep putting each shot grouping too high.

Where at? Down at the range the last thing was at?

No. He has some family land that we will be shooting at and should be able to get out to around 700-800 yards. I have some 5/8" thick AR500 targets for him in my truck as we speak. If you dont know what AR500 is, it stands for Abrasion Resistant ... aka..Its basically Armor Plate. You can shoot it with up to a 50BMG and it wont penetrate the steel. Its great for shooting long range because you know that you hit it by the sound of the "clang" and you dont have to worry about damaging the targets at all.