arent u tired of this!?

GhostRider357

you know i dont own a bike yet but im rly tired of everyone telling me "your gonna kill yourself" when i tell them i want to get a sportbike....Like i said in my intro im gonna start with a kawa250 and learn for a season then buy a gsxr600...im tired of everyone saying that so im gonna get what i want.....(anyone else tired of hearing that :beating:)

I reply back the same way that I do with guns: Guns don't kill people, Stupid People kill people. Or in this case bikes. You only go as fast as you turn the throttle.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my 929rr its not my first bike but its my first in a few years and it will be a long while before I have the skills or balls to find out its true capabilities..

although I wouldnt trade it for smaller, I just know to be a bit more careful and use my head. no matter what you are riding that is the key.... just my .02

and 250s arent easy to sell? ive had numerous offers for my bike in just one season, and im sure it wouldnt be hard to part with. go for a cheap 250 and learn some twisties imo.

on a sidenote, the 250 is not only great to learn on, but it usually resells for what you paid for it if you sell it privately, insurance is cheap as hell, and its easy to get parts off ebay for when you drop it.

Yup. A nice used Ninja 250 is a great bike to learn on, safe and VERY capable, and when you sell it you'll lose next to nothing.

What's not to like?

Dude buy whatever you want. I'm a new rider this year and learning on a gsxr 750. got about 400 miles so far this year mostly freeway. Just tool around a big open parking lot to get a feel for throttle and clutch and you'll be good. Pay attention and be loose.

Being a new rider myself, I can't tell you what would be best, but I'm happy with what my Ninja 250 has to offer. The fact that it's top speed is slow, means I won't be tempted to use it! The bike has pretty strong acceleration, and can get away from you in th eupper RPM's.

From my experiences so far, the best advice I can give is to practice the LOW speed manuevering. That hs been the biggest help for me so far. Sure, cruising the freeway feels good, and one gets comfortable with the speed, and all that, but if you can't control the bike at lower speeds, you're screwed!