arent u tired of this!?

GhostRider357

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol! how did i know flounder was gonna say something? i said out carve "some"... i.e., Pedro (j/k!) i do want to get into some racing/track days next year. y'all gonna school me?

Tolli, buy your gear this winter while its on sale.. then next summer you will be ready to rock and roll at the track.. I cant facking wait..

My Wintertime mods include;

Rotors: laying on living room floor right now (need to press out rivets to make semi floating)

Brake pads: in the mail (Galfer HH pads)

Flush brake lines and bleed the hell out of them.

Quick throttle mod. (this winter)

New tires. (Spring time)

Depending on funds.. potentially a new rear shock (Penske double clicker or similar) and maybe get the front forks rebuilt with a cartridge kit.) Not sure if I will have money for the suspension but everything else will definitely get done.

I can already feel my wallet trying to climb out of my pocket.. this sucks.

Flounder did you take off you warped ones yet? I can ship them to florida with the cinder blocks

No not yet.. I forgot to grab your tire "tool" from you.. I cant wait to see the look on that scammers face when he gets a shitload of cinder blocks.. I still think there needs to be a dog turd or 2 in the box. not to mention a sadwhich baggy with 2 cents in it..

Yea, i think there needs to be a fill in post...

Ok here is the fill in. I bought a stereo on ebay and the guy sent the wrong one but it was worth more than I paid. When I contacted him he said he was sending the correct one and that he would have UPS pick up the wrong one.

At this point it is almost sounding reasonable however I am keeping what I have until the correct item arrives. So I check all of his auctions to see how it got mixed up, and there it is. He sold the same used stereo to three different people within a week. Same scratches, pics the whole nine yards. So the scam is sell one thing and send another have it picked up and you have signiture confirmations from each person so it makes disputes easier. Every scammer knows that they will get caught soon so they make as much as they can as quickly as possible. They just try and keep people hanging on as long as possible so it takes longer to get caught.

So I still have a stereo, I will get some or all of my money back and he will be paying the shipping on cinderblocks to florida. So I come out ahead and dickhead gets screwed.

lol! how did i know flounder was gonna say something? i said out carve "some"... i.e., Pedro (j/k!) i do want to get into some racing/track days next year. y'all gonna school me?

btw.. im bad with pairing forum names with actual names. who let me borrow their extra plate after I lost mine going to ama @ mid-ohio? I dont think i thanked you enough. You can have it back if you need it.

I can school ya.. Just ask flounder how well my 600 schooled him... :beating:

Yeah I would love to ride a SV on the track. They have their own class to race in at the Amateur level and it is a big class.

I can school ya.. Just ask flounder how well my 600 schooled him... :beating:

Yeah I would love to ride a SV on the track. They have their own class to race in at the Amateur level and it is a big class.

next year facker.. we shall see.. My second year on the track may surprise you.. I cant help it you have actually been racing for a few years and doing track days even longer.

Yeah it was the Tire. Mid OH is too abrasive for a Soft. Maybe on a cooler day in the 70s. I ran a Medium rear Monday for 4 sessions and it looked brand new and was handling awesome..

I wished I could have gotten a session on the Bridgestones I just put on the new 1000. Oh well Next year...

I think if I could have gotten with someone Monday I could have gotten 36-37s, I was able to run 39:00 and 38.6 with nobody around.

you know i dont own a bike yet but im rly tired of everyone telling me "your gonna kill yourself" when i tell them i want to get a sportbike....Like i said in my intro im gonna start with a kawa250 and learn for a season then buy a gsxr600...im tired of everyone saying that so im gonna get what i want.....(anyone else tired of hearing that :beating:)

You get used to it. I've been riding for 6 years and still get it... even from those close to me...

As far as the 'which bike' question... I don't know you so it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to recommend something to you. Hell, I don't even know what you are looking to get out of the riding experience...

Here's my advice:

If you want to go fast in a straight line, don't fuck around... buy a liter bike.

If you want to carve the corners and are confident you can handle a race bike... buy a 600 supersport.

If you want to stunt, find a ragged out 600.

If you want to ease your way into sportbikes, buy a 250 or 500 Ninja... or even an SV650.

The debate about buying a 250 as a first bike is pretty easy to solve... You buy a 250, ride the balls off it for a year, and sell it for what you paid for it the next year. Anybody that tells you that's impossible is either uninformed or a total moron. Check Cycle Trader... There's a bazillion 250 Ninjas sold every day... Don't matter if it's 15 or 2 years old, they all sell for around $500 or so of eachother...

As far as capability goes, that shouldn't be a deciding factor at all. Unless you have amazing talent, you probably won't outride a 'beginner' bike within your first season. I guarantee that less than 5% of people on this board could push a 250 to it's limits... Not talkin' tachin' it out... I could train a monkey to max out a bike in a straight line...

The boredom issue... If triple digits are your thing, then yes, the 250 will bore you to tears... Me, triple digits don't excite me... not one bit. Pushing myself through the twisties does... And for the record, I rode with a guy this year who was draggin' knees on a 250 Ninja... Plenty capable.

And for the record, I rode with a guy this year who was draggin' knees on a 250 Ninja... Plenty capable.

You can drag knee on anything... vespa, lawnmower, busa, goldwing,

That doesnt mean the bike is meant for corners or that the rider is a good rider. It just means you can stick your knee out...

I stick with my vote of 600 or SV650

XB is right on except if your first bike and you still want to drag race get a 600 it will help you learn to ride then help you learn launching and clutch work.

If you still want to go fast, carve corners, drag race, and still cruise for long trips comfortably get standard like a FZ-6, SV, Kawi Z750, GS-500 (then move to Bandit 1250),

yeah i love the 600's butit seems they have alot of power for a 1st bike

They do, it is just how they make the power that is different. (yes I know your not saying you want a 1000 this is just a comparison for information.

Figure I was chasing a 05 GSXR 1000 at the first race of the year for the Race lead on my 03 GSXR 600 (I even beat the guy later in the year at a differen track).

The 600 doesn't make arm jerking power until about 8k rpm even with 1/2 throttle.

You give 1/2 throttle to a 1000 then it acclerates harder then a 600 at full throttle from 4k rpm on..

My opinion the best starter bikes are the Ninja 500 and the SV 650 since they are 2 cylinders which will make learning taking off easier with more torque and better low RPM behavior... Both have Adequate brakes and suspension for new riders, and can easily be improved for cornering with just better tires and better brake pads and lines...

Well I started on a 93 Yamaha Seca II 600 that had about 60 hp then after 2000 miles and 2 months of riding, two crashes (first was 7mph 2nd time on the bike) I moved up to a TL-1000s 97 Bad A$$ model year with no issues. I took the first 3000 miles to learn the bike, then started imporving my skill from there. Didn't have another crash till my CBR 929 in 2000.

Kind of why I suggest the SV 650 as it is a good mixture and is a fun bike for both new riders and Veteran Racers.

I couldn't afford the Ninjas at the time so Seca it was. And got a great deal on it. $2000 in 97 then traded it in for $2000 in march of 98. Then saw in the paper they were going for $2500 at least.

How many people here actually owned a 250? I get the impression most of you just have opinions of them based off of what bike you started with? I miss my 250. Guy in the cube next to me has had his 1995 250 since he bought it and refuses to get rid of it(his other bike is an 03 ZX11). My other friend bought his 250 shortly after I got mine and he doesn't have a single regret. (Side note he sold his 250 for the same price he bought it for. F'ing (incert anti-semitic comment here)) Point being. Its a great place to start. I felt I was ready to move up to somthing bigger after I had it for a year. In hindsight I'm really glad I didn't. Wouldn't be as good of a rider as I am now if I did.

"If you want to go faster. Learn how to ride better." - somewhere on Ninja250.org