gsxr 600 fork swap to 1000

ninjascott

So this is a long ongoing process for me, i have a 01 grxr 600 it had a bent front wheel i bought one on ebay it got lost in shipping so got another 3 weeks later sent it to powder coating 2more weeks got it back today turns out its off a 1000 as it wont fit!! agghh. so I found a guy who has a set of inverted forks off of a 01 1000 for $150(which is less than what the wheel costs), will they work on my 600 and will the calipers be the same or will i need to change them as well?

I'm pretty sure the 01 600's were conventional forks. 1000's had inverted forks. They wont work unless you have the triples from the 1000 and even then you're going to have to see if the head bearings are the same.

Actually the bearings are the same, so you could do it with an ENTIRE front end off an 01-02 GSX-R1000.

Edited by Todd#43

here is what I found out for those who care, the tubes are different, the trees will have to be changed as well as the clip ons, the calipers will work as well as the rotors so all in all it not worth it. I did find a place the staightens wheels and rotors, called mc wheel they let me set up a dealer account with them and the discounts are big. If you need anthing straightend hit me up n use my discount.

All you need is the whole front end off that 1,000 tripples, steering stem, forks, calipers and rotors , and a straight wheel. pretty ,much easy straight swap. I think the stem is also the same length ? On some you just press you old stem into the new top tripple, but on that I dont believe you have to !

You can tune that front to work just as good as the USD's ! But i like to do he swaps !