Walmart and all of their F@#$ing wisdom

Cdubyah

So the boss tells me today, go out to Walmart and get some tracfones to replace the agency phones. I work for a government office, in a small county, for the county commissioners. Pretty simple.

So an administrator and I head out to Wally world, compare, models and prices, and make a decision. Tell the lady what we want and get them off of the shelf.

Take them up to the register, and proceed to checkout. You can only purchase two of these sir. WTF?! Why can I only purchase two? So the Customer Service Manager come over and calls up the Assistant Store Manager. Who tells us that it is a federal law, and if they sold them they would be breaking the law.

So ok, I'll buy two, and he can buy two. Negative! They told us because we had tried to purchase them together, that we couldn't do that either. On two separate transactions. Then she proceeds to tell us that after 9/11 the terrorists were using pre paid phones. Honestly, I've never seen a fat terrorist.

So we call up the store manager, tell her the same shit, who we work for. Blah blah blah. She gives us the same bullshit, but adds the fact that it is a Walmart policy, not a federal policy. But, that we can make two transactions. How fucking hard was that???

Needless to say, a simple Walmart trip turned into a fucking disaster.

Here is a link to a similar experience to mine. http://www.prepaidreviews.com/blog/consumer-issues/why-wal-mart-will-refuse-to-sell-you-prepaid-cell-phones-34581/

thats insane. i bought four at christmas at walmart and no one said shit to me. if they did i would just laugh and walk out and then go to meijer or something.

you shouldnt have to fight with them to give them your money.