Chile 8.8 Earthquake!

Zach

Mother Nature saw Jersey Shore on TV and said, "Oh no, you assholes need to gtfo!"

Seriously, though, wtf is this shit?

At least the initial reports seem to be saying it's centered around a less densely-populated area. Of course, most news agencies are still looking for Chile on the map, so it'll probably be hours yet before any solid details emerge.

hawaii is bracing for a tsunami as a result of this! Kinda makes you glad you live in Ohio.

Haha julie and I have been in hawaii for the past week and are leaving later tonight. Right now, we are at a military base high above it all. Airport still having arrivals and departures on time, the only airport that is closed is one on the Big Island that has an evac route through a runway. Pretty calm around here. Most ppl are leaving low areas more as a precaution than fear or expecting much to happen. I'm sure some beach houses and hotels will see damage but not much else.

Haha julie and I have been in hawaii for the past week and are leaving later tonight. Right now, we are at a military base high above it all. Airport still having arrivals and departures on time, the only airport that is closed is one on the Big Island that has an evac route through a runway. Pretty calm around here. Most ppl are leaving low areas more as a precaution than fear or expecting much to happen. I'm sure some beach houses and hotels will see damage but not much else.

are you on BI or oahu? i guess you could be on kauai too.

just talked to my buddy on maui. they live on top of a cliff, about 500 feet above sea level on the north side of the island. said they are grilling out and drinking, watching whales in the bay and waiting for the wave.