suit fitment question

JonS

Decided to head over to IronPony to try on some suits. My street jacket is size 52 so I started there. I'm 6ft, 180lbs, 33 waist, semi-athletic build.

For two different suits:

* With leg zippers open it was a tight fit getting the legs on

* It took a few minutes to get both shoulders in (nut-hugger to say the least)

* I had to pull both side of the center zipper together to have it zip completely

* Once in the suit it held my arms out in a riding position and there was zero slack anywhere

Sales guy said this was about right. However, I didn't have on a back/chest or hip/thigh protector. Is this anything to be concerned about, will it stretch enough? Step up to the 54 or pull the trigger on the 52?

Decided to head over to IronPony to try on some suits. My street jacket is size 52 so I started there. I'm 6ft, 180lbs, 33 waist, semi-athletic build.

For two different suits:

* With leg zippers open it was a tight fit getting the legs on

* It took a few minutes to get both shoulders in (nut-hugger to say the least)

* I had to pull both side of the center zipper together to have it zip completely

* Once in the suit it held my arms out in a riding position and there was zero slack anywhere

Sales guy said this was about right. However, I didn't have on a back/chest or hip/thigh protector. Is this anything to be concerned about, will it stretch enough? Step up to the 54 or pull the trigger on the 52?

A race suit is nothing to mess around with. You don't want loose, but def do not want to tight. Id say find a race back protector, and maybe even hib and thigh and retry on.

Better safe than sorry!

The best way I can put it is, it should fit like a second set of skin. It will stretch a little yes. I'm 6'2" 220ish and wear a 58 Euro/48US. I wear a Knox Ageis Spine Protector and have no issues at all with the suit and it.

You don't want baggy at all or it will flap in the wind and be a major disctraction. It should fit snug to your body, but not circulation restricting.

And depending on which suits you were trying on, do research on the exact suit you would wear/are going to buy. I got a Astar Trigger suit, which goes a size big...so its a 56 for me. Just make sure you know what your getting and the sizes it goes.

Ok...

Should fit like stated above - like a second skin. Should be snug everywhere. Will stretch fro sure.

The idea is if baggy whatsoever, the leather will roll in a crash. In other words, the elbow armor, for example will rotate on impact and move leaving the elbow exposed to impact. Will hurt. You will cry. It sucks...

To see if it fits, when you stand up like standing up straight, it should yank on the nuggets and try to pull them up inside you. Much like Flounder standing behind you giving a rub and tug.

However, get into a catcher's position and extend the arms in front of you. Essentially mimicking the position you will be in on the bike. It should feel comfortable in this position.

So, squealing in the stand up position and perfect in the crouched position...

Get the back brace, chest armor, whatever you plan on having under the suit on when trying on. Do not guess. TRY THEM ON...