1985 Suzuki GS 700E (Hamilton) $1700

Craigslist

Excellent bike. Reliable as the sun and quick enough for a beginner. Only made for a couple years due to import tariffs in the 80's, but parts are readily available. It has never been down and the paint is in good condition for the age. Has a couple scrapes in the clear coat and some peeling, but it still looks good. Has about 13,500 miles. I bought it with 9500 miles in 9/08. It was my first bike, and I have bought another so it's time to sell.

I replaced the following parts within 3000 miles:

Front tire, fork seals, K&N air filter, chain, valves were adjusted, brake fluid and oil was changed when I bought it, factory replacement turn signals (the stalks were deteriorating on the factory ones), battery, and head light bulb.

I also replaced the clutch and rear tire 600 miles ago. Since both were going bad, before I replaced them I took it to Edgewater and ran a best time of 12.7 sec. @ 103mph. Not bad with my 230 lbs on it!

It also has a Vance and Hines 4-1 exhaust and has been jetted to match. I will include a set of quick-attach soft saddlebags that are great for trips.

The aluminum engine covers have some corrosion on them that could be re-polished if you wanted. It never bothered me enough to do, so it is still all original. It has been an exceedingly fun bike, and was great to learn on. It has tons of life left in it and runs strong.

Asking $1700

E-mail with questions.

Thanks!

Because nobody searches for a GS 700, keywords: GS GS 750 1150 1100 1000 Ninja 500 250 Katana 600 750 starter bike GSX GSXR bike DOHC street bike streetbike '85 85 '84 84 '83 83 '86 86 '87 87 1983 1984 1986 1987

More...