NO BRAKES!!! Help Please

blackgsxr1000

Hello hows it going, hopefully better for you then me. If you cant tell by the name I ride a 2005 GSXR 1000. So I pull the bike out of the gerage to start doing maintenance for the upcoming season. Well I found out my front breaks don't work at all. There is fluid. I pull down on the lever and nothing happens. I undide the screws in the breaks, pulled them out squeezed the lever and fluid squirt out. Put them back in but the actually breaks them selves dont grab the Roator. Any suggestion on what that might be???

make it a dirt track racer. no breaks, all balls!

seriously though, first thing id do is bleed the brakes and replace the fluid. air in the lines or deteriorated/contaminated fluid can cause this. honestly it probably wouldnt hurt to clean up the whole caliper, clean the pistons, seals etc.

pads could be too worn. fluid could be leaking. pads could be contaminated too. oil/grease etc on the disc/pads can cause problems.

make it a dirt track racer. no breaks, all balls!

seriously though, first thing id do is bleed the brakes and replace the fluid. air in the lines or deteriorated/contaminated fluid can cause this. honestly it probably wouldnt hurt to clean up the whole caliper, clean the pistons, seals etc.

pads could be too worn. fluid could be leaking. pads could be contaminated too. oil/grease etc on the disc/pads can cause problems.

Yeah I think the pads are done, my fork seals have been blown and dripping oil on to the break, and they might need frozen, I'll take them apart anyone know how much Break pads run

Yeah I think the pads are done, my fork seals have been blown and dripping oil on to the break, and they might need frozen, I'll take them apart anyone know how much Break pads run

Fork seals blown...Im guessing wheelies....:D

Hello hows it going, hopefully better for you then me. If you cant tell by the name I ride a 2005 GSXR 1000. So I pull the bike out of the gerage to start doing maintenance for the upcoming season. Well I found out my front breaks don't work at all. There is fluid. I pull down on the lever and nothing happens. I undide the screws in the breaks, pulled them out squeezed the lever and fluid squirt out. Put them back in but the actually breaks them selves dont grab the Roator. Any suggestion on what that might be???

One, help a brother out on the grammar.

Second, you essentially just added a shit pile of air to the system by undoing the lines and pulling the lever. You killed the system and now have to re-bleed it entirely.

Now that you have air, you will not get the system to pump up. NEVER pull off a banjo bolt and squeeze the lever...

brake pads are cheap. so are fork seals.

Also, all this talk about pads and caliper rebuilds and whatever... Just PROPERLY bleed the system. No offense, but if you pulled the banjo bolt to "check the system", I'd say you are better off having someone help you do the bleed...

Get a PROPER bleed and see where you are. Check the pad thickness and replace if you want. Get an old toothbrush and clean the calipers and the pistons and after the bleed, I am going to bet you'll be fine.

As for fork seals? Yes, easy to replace, but not if you are not mechanically inclined...

Also, all this talk about pads and caliper rebuilds and whatever... Just PROPERLY bleed the system. No offense, but if you pulled the banjo bolt to "check the system", I'd say you are better off having someone help you do the bleed...

Get a PROPER bleed and see where you are. Check the pad thickness and replace if you want. Get an old toothbrush and clean the calipers and the pistons and after the bleed, I am going to bet you'll be fine.

As for fork seals? Yes, easy to replace, but not if you are not mechanically inclined...

I myself have never done much to my Sickle besides the basics. Thank God I found this fourm and Yottoman whos going to help me out with the forks. Hopefullly we can get it done next weekend. I actually wreked my bike last st patricks day, and this is the last couple things it needs before she is 1000 percent for this season. I cant wait to ride her.

I myself have never done much to my Sickle besides the basics. Thank God I found this fourm and Yottoman whos going to help me out with the forks. Hopefullly we can get it done next weekend. I actually wreked my bike last st patricks day, and this is the last couple things it needs before she is 1000 percent for this season. I cant wait to ride her.

Yea, its looking like next weekend will be best. Dont worry about the brakes and shit mang. We will get it all worked out, no biggie. Mojoe, you are more than welcome to hang out and help if ya want. :flag: