More car problems....

smashweights

So I'm getting ready to drive up to Pony today to get stuff to work on the bike and went to put some seafoam in the car (cause it needs an oil change this weekend too) and in my crankcase is this chocolate milk looking shit. Google says antifreeze leaking into my oil and none of the causes sound like cheap fixes. Is it time to ditch this thing? How much are these potential repairs gonna cost? I've seen blown head gasket, failed trans. cooler, cracked casing as potential causes.

Problem #1,000,000 for this piece of shit that i've already put over half what I paid for it into fixing it's multitude of issues. FML :(

here's the thread of the last shit i had to do on it back in sept.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=35265&highlight=car+problems

I think "Jetta" is German for "taking the bus to work."

Edited by smashweights

Aluminum cylinder head? Considering it's almost Spring, keep an eye on it.

It may have been a cracked or warped aluminum cylinder head from the Winter weather.

Sorry, but I've seen that happen too many times.

Hope it's not that.

well after talking with a mechanic friend of my dad's and checking a few other things it looks like it may just be some condesation in the crankcase so i should be ok. forget i posted for now.

Post back up if the oils looks funky as you drain it.

well it's not puffing white smoke out the tailpipe, which would indicate burning antifreeze. and the oil on the dipstick is normal, so it's isolated to the crankcase. It's also just kinda splashed about a a few places on the walls, not entirely covering the inside of the case... I'm gonna change the oil out and hope for the best.