Pocket Bikes

roosterracing68

i have a $150 one and i have abused,flipped,crashed,dropped,burnt the little sucker and it still works great! A little pain to start,but once she's warm its bad ass! I want a real one someday,but for $150 its a great little bike. My son loves the thing!

Pocket Bikes are actually alot of fun unless you have ridden one You have no idea ...and Yes they can be dangerous but so is crossing the street that is why we as parents provide our kids with guidance and teach them safety

She appeared smart until she opened her mouth

Whatever roosterracing...and your comment was so smart :wtf:

Yes they are a lot of fun...my ex had bought my son and daughter one...and believe it or not, I rode it and did not like it.

My son rode a DT 125 for two years with no problems then got back on his little pocket bike and wiped out and now has two scars on his arm 1 inch by 3 inches where they skin was gone..hard lesson for him to learn.

They are dangerous because they are too low to the ground, fast and hard to manover, due to their non existing turning abilitity of the handlebars...now how are you going to teach a kid safety on something that is not safe?

Hey people can do what they want...but I still don't think a kid belongs on them. And you can hardle compare that with someone walking across the street...

How old is the "kid" anyways?

Actually safety is taught very easily ,Once you Know what the limitations of the bike are and the riders ability .Sorry to hear your son was injured Hopefully it wasnt due to lack of adult instruction and teaching these pocket bikes arent toys nobody said they were My son is 13 and daughter 20 both know this and havent gotten hurt yet ,they respect the machine and its limitations and most of all they know there own limitations as a rider........If you dont like pocket bikes find another subject to talk about you dont see me going into another topic and bashing on how stupid i think it is Ok IM DONE lol

Whatever roosterracing...and your comment was so smart :wtf:

Yes they are a lot of fun...my ex had bought my son and daughter one...and believe it or not, I rode it and did not like it.

My son rode a DT 125 for two years with no problems then got back on his little pocket bike and wiped out and now has two scars on his arm 1 inch by 3 inches where they skin was gone..hard lesson for him to learn.

They are dangerous because they are too low to the ground, fast and hard to manover, due to their non existing turning abilitity of the handlebars...now how are you going to teach a kid safety on something that is not safe?

Hey people can do what they want...but I still don't think a kid belongs on them. And you can hardle compare that with someone walking across the street...

How old is the "kid" anyways?

my best friend bought one a "mid-sized' PB for his 10 year old son. His next door neighbor's boy got one too. riding together on their street one day they crashed. compound fracture, road rash, and a broken rib betwwen the two of them. You crash at 35mph and you are in the bigtime and things will break. just saying.

Several years ago I went to Norwalk for an all bike meet that went totally wrong for a pocket bike rider. Someone here might know this guy, He took off and as the motor was pulling he was leaned back on the bike and as it got to the top end and wasn't pulling, his weight transfered to the front wheel and as the rear lightened it broke traction. As he was fishtailing back and forth his weight was over the forks and it high sided him into the track, bouncing him like a kickball. It was funny as heck to watch but the downside was he took a ride to the hospital in the puss bus, he hit hard.

Rooster,

people "OWN" threads and someone with a different opinion is not "allowed" in????

he said he wanted to "learn" as much as he can before he puts down the cash...so he is hearing the pros and the cons here. I think sometimes we jump in to things without thinking about all the risks...and especially when it comes to your childs safety, you can never know enough.

We can take responsibility for ourselves and say hey these things are fun, and I am willing to take the risk. But I will not let my kids take the same risks as I do.

Btw, my son was 18 when that happened...

Do you still breastfeed? Milk can have dangers, too. Just because something can be dangerous, does not mean it is. It is peolple that make it so. Just sayin. (don't take the breastfed thing literally, it's an example. no e-feelings hurt).