Nailing Jello to a Tree

Victory ryder

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, ask her what her understanding of what motorcycles really are. They'll tell you "They're dangerous-They're scary-They're loud Blah,blah,blah.

I say this about the kitchen... garbage disposal, dishwasher,stove, knives.... ahh! :eek:

It's a guy thing. We've been around mechanical things all of our lives, they haven't.

:lol: this makes me giggle a little bit.

Have you ever been that excited to learn how to cook,knit,sew or do any other domestic chores or hobbies that women do? In general a motorcycle scares a woman like how a sewing machine works baffles most of you to no end.

does your wife do this stuff? Or is this a role that your mommy and daddy taught you? This sounds crazy, especially in the year that we are in. Welcome to NOT the 1950s.

Difference is they are willing to learn how ride and/or work on their own bikes.

I think, in your own very dumb way, you may be attempting to provide a compliment... but i think you should consider rewording it...

Youre implying we actually like you here, let alone there? We only hang with you because your in good with the peeps at Buddy's.

:D

dont worry i wasn't talking about you.:p Im sure there will be a $2 steak place in hell i just have to find it first!

dont worry i wasn't talking about you.:p Im sure there will be a $2 steak place in hell i just have to find it first!

Did you know that $2 steaks turn into greasyshitz about 12 hours later???

Or it could have been the insane quanity of A-A-Akahol we poured on top of it.

I have to politely disagree with those who say this thread is dumb etc. While the women who are members of OR definitely know their stuff, there is a large majority of women who do simply think that motorcycles are dangerous, loud etc. I even thought so before I actually got on one and rode...and he makes a good point about men wanting their women to know things about motorcycles when men typically (again I'm not sterotyping ALL men) could care less about the things that women are interested it. I think he makes a good point, perhaps this was just not the group of people to make it. Everyone on OR is so deeply imbedded into motorcycles and the various lifestyles associated with motorcycles, it can sometimes be difficult to see things from a different perspective. I have to give him credit for pointing it out. It's not like he was being offensive toward anyone, just making a statement....we're all entitled to do that here, aren't we?

this guy made a ridiculous generalization that made him look like an ass, then added a few sexist comments for good measure. This same thing could be written about lots of guys I know, minus all the cooking and cleaning bullshit. I have more men than women tell me im an idiot for having a motorcycle. Although there is some truth to what he said he is still an ass.

If someone makes racist comments and there is a little bit of truth in them it doesnt mean its ok or right.