Buell parts?

Bad324

So my friend has a XB12Scg and shes tired of it sounding like a lawn mower I think. I know she likes the sound of the Jardine slip-ons so where is a good place to find them for a good deal? I'm keeping an eye on ebay but other than that I don't know where to find good deals on parts.

Also, suggestions of other exhausts are welcome too!

ive always heard the jardine will fall apart. Look at the drummer. www.kdfab.com Its a little pricey but one of the best sounding. Also for parts try www.americansportbike.com
the jardine is a bit like a woman ... needing constant attention .... it is the repacking every 5k miles or so before the rivets start to wear the case that is the problem

for the amount she rides I'm not too worried about it falling apart on her. As of this spring she will have it for 2 years and she just cracked the 1k mark on the thing. Hopefully now that she has me and a few other friends to ride with she will be out more though

More than you ever wanted to know about XB exhausts:

http://www.americansportbike.com/XB_Exhaust_Shootout_Test_Report.zip

Anything other than stock on an XB, I highly recommend a Race ECM or a custom tune (a Power Commander isn't going to cut it). Personally, I would go with either a Spec Ops or a Drummer. They retune your stock exhaust.

there was a guy riding around with a supertrapp on his xbr last spring...sounded awsome. but i have heard that the welds on those have been known to blow apart

definitly dont get a jardine gp1...i bought it and the rivets rattled out in 4months...i ended up drilling new ones and cutting off the tailpipe...while i was at it i removed the baffleing. Sounds great now. A lot of people gut out the stock pipes and they sound pretty good too if you know someone that can weld it back up.

I had a Force exhaust with a race ecm on my Buell. Reverse megaphone. I started it up at a bike night, and a used up Harley woman who was walking by jumped and yelled "You have got to be kidding!" Good stuff.

• 1 year later...
there were people who put money into their Buell Blast?

Old thread, but thought I'd post on this comment since I own a Blast and was just browsing the forum.

Mods on the Blast are fairly inexpensive. The bike has a lot more potential than people make of it. It is not superbike speed, but with some suspension mods should be able to maneuver like superbikes.

Very easy bike to work on.

It is what it is, a single cylinder, but has potential.

Rather than thinking of a Blast as Stock Blast, think of it as Potential Blast ;).