foook.a.duck.

flyboy1011

So I was re-glueing my grip on the throttle last night because the hairspray wasn't working out and decided to go with some super glue this time. long story short, i put too much on and as i was sliding the grip onto the throttle tube some dripped down onto the plastic right below the handle bar. I quickly tried wiping it up, but that actually made it worse. Now I have about a 2" diameter layer of dried superglue on my plastic. Is there any hope or did i really screw the pooch on this one?

Edited by yotaman88210

bug and tar remover would work i would think...i got road tar off my car with it after they refinished the road by my dads house and didnt put any signs up.... blasted onto it and slung black tar all over lol
SimpleGreen (maybe) and Goof-Off

Doubt that will work.. Most SuperGlue's have acetone in it so it most likely melted the plastics a bit. Thats part of the chemical process that makes it work so well on plastic.

Mistake 1... Hairspray and not grip glue..

Mistake 2... Superglue and not grip glue..

Mistake 3... Not covering up other areas in case of spill.

Solution... Redo your grips correctly and call AttackPainter for your plastics..

i've used hairspray for my past three grip sets, nothing wrong with it as long as you get the extra hold stuff.

Some scrubbing with lacquer thinner or some stuff called prosol...I work at a sign shop and we use prosol for getting glue off different things...and I know another sign guy that has used lacquer thinner on vehicles and has no problem with getting tough crap off...idk how lacquer works on plastic though... either of these may work? Haven't really dealt with getting super glue off of something

don't wanna sound like a nazi, but you may not wanna use the word fuck in a non-NWS thread, as some folks surf the site at work through out the day. thanks.

You're supposed to work at work. If you're worried about the word FUCK on the page then you're probably

already in violation of your companies internet/email policy for just being on the page in the first place. Just sayin.

Oh wait, I'm on my work pc right now too :lol:

You're supposed to work at work. If you're worried about the word FUCK on the page then you're probably

already in violation of your companies internet/email policy for just being on the page in the first place. Just sayin.

Oh wait' date=' I'm on my work pc right now too :lol:[/quote']

Im not worried about my work, Heck im on my own personal lap top at work. Just thought about kids lookin over parents shoulders and others whom maybe violating there work computer use! :D