ADA Tour de Cure 2010: Looking for riders...

SWing'R

*** BUMP ***

C'mon all, I need some motivation (ie donations)! Gonna get the bicycle out this evening and do a few miles,

probably between 5-10miles. Will be headin to the Hilliard rail trail around 6:30ish.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*** Bump ***

Okay, one month to go. So we've been draggin our feet on getting out

on the bikes to start getting in shape for this ride, but in our defense

I was sick for 2 weeks and the weather's been unreliable.

So anyway, the ride is exactly one month away as of tomorrow so we'll be

riding as much as possible in the evenings, started tonight, we did 12miles tonight.

Still haven't gotten any donations from any OR peoples :nono:, but its not to late!

C'mon, dig deep, even just a couple bucks helps!

I'll sign up for it. I'm signed up for the 180 mile Pelotonia again this year, so what's another 30?

30 is what we are doing, there are 60 and 100 mile levels as well. If you do

sign up we'll have to meet up before the ride, out pace is probably to slow for you though :)

30 is what we are doing' date=' there are 60 and 100 mile levels as well. If you do

sign up we'll have to meet up before the ride, out pace is probably to slow for you though :)[/quote']

Eh, I'll take it easy on this one, and just do the 30 mile. I look pretty sexy in my spandex shorts, though.

C'mon now, all I need is $10 to make my "minimum" donation level,

haven't gotten any donations from any OR's yet! Who's gonna step up??

Buehler? Buehler?

C'mon now' date=' all I need is $10 to make my "minimum" donation level,

haven't gotten any donations from any OR's yet! Who's gonna step up??

Buehler? Buehler?[/quote']if you would quit pissing everyone off there Bubba.... you might get some play!:D:DI'll pony up some cash... I'll call ya with the number...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, actually broke out the spandex shorts and bike jersey today, we just got back from doing 20miles. Yaayy.

Next weekend we will be making a run up to Kokosing rail trail in Mt Vernon to do 30miles.

We did the Kokosing Gap Trail today. Ride stats... 27miles round trip, 2hrs 16minutes riding, avg speed 12mph.

KokosingTrail2010-05-29.jpg

The ADA ride is a week from today! Still no donations from any OR's :nono::broke:

Edited by SWing'R

Okay, the ride was this morning, we got absolutely drenched, not only did it rain on us but it

downpoured complete with lightening! Gotta say, that wasn't real fun :(

But we made it, even though the route had quite a few big ass hills on it, gotta talk to the route coordinator about that,

AND the fact that the 30mile route was really 34miles! I'm tired, and wet!

Ride stats according to my bike computer...

Total miles rode: 34miles

Total ride time: 3hrs, 5minutes

Averages speed: 11.1mph

Max speed: 29.8mph (big ass hill)

Pictures will be posted later tonight. Combined, Melissa and I raised $475 for the charity.

Congrats! Sorry I missed it, though. I said I'd ride, then forgot.

There's always next year! Here are a few pics...

TourDeCure2010b.jpg

TourDeCure2010c.jpg

The rest stop was in the center of Johnstown at the gazebo.

TourDeCure2010d.jpg

TourDeCure2010e.jpg

TourDeCure2010f.jpg

TourDeCure2010g.jpg

TourDeCure2010h.jpg

Good Job SwingR, I know what you mean about the rain. We did the 100 miles and after the first 32 miles the skies opened up and just dumped on us. I am not sure about the hills for the 30 but they certainly changed the route for the 100 this year. Last year there were not as many hills as this year. I had a max speed of 44 mph on one of the downhills. That is moving along on a 1 inch wide tire. We had a great time though and looking forward to next year.

Thanks. Congrats to you too for riding 100miles, thats insane! Did you know Mayor Coleman rode in the 60mile,

we were eating our free lunch when he rolled in.

That 29mph I hit on the hill was simply coasting, I didn't bother to shift up and pedal into it,

I'm sure I could have easily topped 35 but hitting the pavement at those speeds with only a little helmet on didn't sound like to much fun :o,

figured why chance it.

Next year we should see if we can get a "Ohio Riders" team together.