I lost a friend the other night.

dsump

Hey everyone, I'm very new here and recently became a member. But I would ask that you to support my friend and his family by adding them to your bedtime prayers. I am a Police Officer in the City of Elyria, Lorain County. I responded to a call over the radio that my friend was shot. After he yelled for help, we arrived, the shooter came outside and he was dealt with by us. When we got to my friend, it was to late to save him but we tried. He was a great man and cop, he was an Army Vet and he road a Honda Cruiser. Please support anything like this in your area. He did not deserve this, nobody does.

Dan

I heard about this just last evening, very sad and unnecessary. I was a good friend of Brad Scott (Elyria patrolman) who was hit by one Elyria's not so great citizens while on his bike. I know the bonds are tight between fellow officers and you'll have lots of support. If there's anything you need just say the word.

I was with r1crusher last night, part of that conversation, and as well, work in Elyria and live in North Ridgetucky. Truly saddened to hear about this and thought and prayers are very much with his family, friends, fellow officers, and yourself. I have a couple friends on the Cleveland force, and things like this hit very close to home.

This is being posted in the PGR Missions thread as well. Awesome to see the PGR in on this.

SHORT NOTICE

Confirmed Mission

Officer James Kerstetter

Elyria, Ohio

Veteran of the US Army

CPL in the Military Police

Services:

Lorain County Community College

Field House

1005 Abbe Road North

Elyria, Ohio 44035-1691

20 March 2010 @ 100hrs-(10AM)

Staging:

Lorain County Community College

Field House

20 March 2010@0900hrs-(9AM)

Interment:

Rest Haven Memory Garden

Avon, OH

Following the Services

Officer James Kerstetter lost his life while on duty he is survived by his Wife Tammy and his three daughters Misty, Shelby and Bailey. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well as all of the men and women that risk their lives so our communities are safe. Rest in Peace Officer James Kerstetter.

District # 3 Captain Ralph Bago is assigned this mission of Honor and Respect, please follow his instructions and remember to bring your 3' x 5' American Flags. Ralph needs any PGR members that can to show up.

Bob Woods

Ohio State Captain

Patriot Guard Riders

Edited by chevysoldier

Sorry to hear about the lost. May he Rest in Peace. One of my friends is an officer in Highland Hills and I can only imagine if something like that happens to him. I don't understand how some one can take away some ones life just like that. FUCKIN COWARDS!

Update on the tragedy:

Police release details on tragic night

(Note: that's probably going to be a tougher read if you knew him or were there at the scene)

Details on the man, the procession and arrangements:

Remembering Jimmy: The Kerstetter family gathers, shares stories

Kerstetter details: Services, candlelight vigil, motorcade

http://tmcnews.blogspot.com/2010/03/officer-james-kerstetter.html

Edited by JRMMiii