Working from home...

r1crusher

^ actually there was an article about that in some biz magazine lying around our office.

it was prompted by the poor economy, but the idea was:

- you buy all employees notebook computers (already the norm in many settings)

- you share office space with another company (M-W one wee, ThF the next) and split the rent evenly.

- company saves money (50% rent and utilities), and employees save gas. win-win.

I actually like the idea. it's very rare that we have clients in our office; certainly less than 50% of the time. We could easily share our space with another business.

Yeah.. I can't ride that torture rack. I was on this...

25448_1305941083282_1073185503_30814736_2131501_n.jpg

Hmmm, you know I'm not sure your troubleshooting abilities can be accurately assessed while you are on the bike... tell you what, since I'm such a nice guy why don't I ride the bike and you ride Lyndse's next to me so you can accurately hear this bike :D

I figured I was working too hard so I went up to the BMV to get a new sticker for the beast. Get this, the lady was going to charge me the late fee! Time out! I said this was a renewal for a bike and that it was exempt from that fee. "Oh, you're right. I didn't see it was a MC." I wonder how many other people they charged because they didn't pay attention!?!?

Any who, the bike is sitting out in the nice warm sun after getting a good Honda Polish. Wheels are still dirty but meh.

Did I say how much I love working from home!?!

:banana:

what do you do? I work fro[m home every now and then too.

I'm a PLM Consultant....(P)roduct (L)ifecycle (M)anagement.

I mainly work with companies using a product call SmarTeam by Dassault. More people are probably familiar with Dassault's SolidWorks CAD software but they actually offer many other products as well. Our client list includes some rather large companies, one here in Ohio is Goodyear but we have a LOT.

• 5 weeks later...

gonna go ahead and bump this to the top because I remembered it today while "working" from home. Which really consisted of hitting the gym, finally getting my trailer road worthy, then using said trailer to move a '54 Harley (Panhead I think) for my dads buddy