Indy MotoGP Ticket Group Buy

Zach

Casper hasn't had the time to organize a group buy for tickets this year, but I have all your ticket needs covered.

My buddy is in the process of organizing his 3rd Indy GP ticket group buy. It started over on SVrider, but I'm extending the offer to you guys over here on ORN. He's an Ohio guy, but isn't a member here.

If you have any questions, please contact ME. I'll be able to get you answers quicker than he can- I'm online a lot more often.

When you contact Aaron, please note in the correspondence that you are from Ohio Riders, there is a running roster on SVR and it may cause confusion if he thinks you're on the other forum.

Here is Aaron's breakdown of the event:

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=118729

It's that time, folks. jam2.gif

I'm considerably later with plans compared to previous years. But since it didn't seem to do me a darn bit of good before rolleyes.gif, I decided to try the opposite.

For those of you unaware, the previous two years, I've organized a group trip to the MotoGP race in Indianapolis. The first year, I rented an RV and half of the group camped in the campground across the street from the track. It was a good time but we were nearly swept away thanks to Hurricane Ike. So last year, it was a hotel. I got a block of rooms and we were all nice and cozy. It's been a really good time despite it being a learning process. I like to think I've got things dialed now.

Here's a link to the last years thread. http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=87689

Here's the plan for this year. It'll be pretty much the same as last year. As before, you'll have the opportunity to do everything ala carte. You can choose MotoGP tickets, AMA flat track tickets, and options in lodging.

1. MotoGP tickets

$130 each

I've already received my invoice from IMS for 40 tickets. These are the same packages as previously. 3 day tickets in J Stand , 10 seats in each of rows AA, BB, CC, & DD. I'll post some pics that were taken from our vantage point. Suffice to say, they're PERFECT seats. You can see the entire back half of the track from our seats. I think somebody timed it at at 55 sec. of a 2 min. lap or something like that.

In addition to the 3 day admission, the group ticket package also includes a track lap with your bike (or car as we pleasantly discovered!) on Friday morning, free motorcycle parking on the back straight of the oval, a coupon for 10% off at the IMS gift shop or website, and a complimentary gift. The first year it was a skull cap. Last year, it was a knapsack.

2. AMA Flat Track tickets

$35 each

The Indy Mile. Nuff said.

For the uninitiated, it's awesome racing. Sideways at over 130, no brakes. Watching it made Valentino Rossi sh!t his pants. Literally.

3. Lodging

Hotel: $125 per person

Camping: $60 for a 20x20 tent space

Hotel charge is for 3 nights (check-in Thurs., check-out Sun.) based on 4 person occupancy of a double-double room. This includes all the usual hotel amenities plus the 17% Indiana hotel tax shocked.gif and sales tax. These rooms list for a best rate of $200 per night + taxes. Obviously, this is a considerable savings.

I've presently got 4 rooms on hold at the same hotel that we had last year. It's a decent quality hotel, with plenty of parking, a restaurant, a sports bar, and barely 5 min. from the track. Did I mention it has a bar? grin.gif Room assignments will be made at my discretion. That said, to my knowledge, there were no issues last year. Every effort will be made to accomodate everyone. If anyone has any special requests like a private room for you and the SO, an extra day's stay, or anything else, just let me know and I'll give you a custom quote.

If you're travelling solo and want to camp, let me know and I'll try to coordinate sharing camping space with others.

Pick up of all tickets and passes, unless otherwise requested, WILL NOT be at IMS Will-Call but will instead be in the lobby of our hotel. It's very close to the track and has considerably better parking and access.

If everyone is paid in full by June 1, I will be more than happy to mail your tickets.

So here's what I need from you:

I will start a roster just like last year. Enter your screen-name and the names of anyone else in your group. Every attendee needs a spot on the roster. List the appropriate options (MotoGP, flat track, hotel, or tent space) after each name. If you're a group sharing a tent space, PM me with details and I'll adjust the roster.

Highlight, Copy, and Paste the latest roster into a new message, add your information, and post the message. Do not try to quote the roster.

After that, it's all about cash.

50% deposit is required by April 1. Deposits are non-refundable, non-transferable except at my discretion. Balance is due by June 1.

I will accept check, money orders, PayPal, or cash (only if you put it directly in my hand). Whatever method you use, please be sure to include both your SVR screen-name and your real name, address, and phone number.

Aaron Mezger

8639 Wilmette Ct.

Powell, OH 43065

If paying via PayPal, make payment to this email. Also, please be sure to add 3.5% to compensate for PayPal fees.

arimichaelv2@yahoo.com

And away we go!

Sweet. $130 is a bit steep for those of us driving w/o a bike (dont need motorcycle parking or care about a lap around the course) and just want to camp.

See Ohio Rider ticket thread here - http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=55721

What day is the flat track race?

Edited by justin0469

Sweet. $130 is a bit steep for those of us driving w/o a bike (dont need motorcycle parking or care about a lap around the course) and just want to camp.

What day is the flat track race?

$130 for those seats seems pretty high. If someone wants to setup something with the same seats we had last year, I'd be more than happy to get you all the info.

Our seats last year were $110 each, and were covered.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=19839

Supposedly they're cheaper this year. I'm pretty sure we can get the same seats this year. I just need someone willing to step up and organize it.

They are $105. I'm on the phone with them now. If J stand isn't good, what section is?

$105 w/ all the same stuff as listed above + $50 per campsite (20x20)

BUT we need at least 20 people. As soon as I get a concurrence on the section people want, I'll reserve 25 seats and 5 campsites. There's no cost to reserve as long as they are paid or canceled before the due date.

Edited by justin0469

You most likely want something covered.

I asked them about that and they said there is limited covered seating. The Tower Terrace is covered and is general admission and no reserved seating. If we get J seats, we can have our reserved seats as well as access to the Tower Terrace. Also, according to them, none covered seating has good views unless you move up to a penthouse type deal.

I asked them about that and they said there is limited covered seating. The Tower Terrace is general admission and no reserved seating. If we get J seats, we can have our reserved seats as well as access to the Tower Terrace. Also, according to them, none covered seating has good views unless you move up to a penthouse type deal.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=19839

E stand. Covered and reserved.

Well fuck me, I thought this was my thread for giving info for the other group buy...

:p

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing vested in this, but I was asked to provide this info and now you guys are muddying it up with different options.

Well fuck me, I thought this was my thread for giving info for the other group buy...

:p

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing vested in this, but I was asked to provide this info and now you guys are muddying it up with different options.

Thanks for providing the info, it seemed better to get in on something someone else already put together but it's too expensive IMO

I don't want to jack someone else's group buy thread until people support it (then I'll make my own or Casper can break this off into a new one)

OK - 25 seats reserved in E section under the covered section. 3 or 4 campsite reserved too, but the camp sites aren't assigned. If we want to be next to each other, we have to arrive at the same time. If people are interested in a hotel instead, I can see what I can do for you.

$105 per ticket (3 day admission, 10% off coupon, souvenir bag, lap around track if you bring bike and motorcycle parking)

$50 per campsite

Thanks for providing the info, it seemed better to get in on something someone else already put together but it's too expensive IMO

I talked to Aaron, he doesn't know where the $105 is coming from. He doesn't believe them to be the same tickets.

I don't care at all who goes with which group, but if you start planning multiple things in this one thread, it's going to get confusing. Like you'll have one person that wants to do the OR group tix, and then want Aaron's connection on the Flat track.

I talked to Aaron, he doesn't know where the $105 is coming from. He doesn't believe them to be the same tickets.

I don't care at all who goes with which group, but if you start planning multiple things in this one thread, it's going to get confusing. Like you'll have one person that wants to do the OR group tix, and then want Aaron's connection on the Flat track.

True. I just didnt want 100 threads going. I'll start my own.

$105 was for J stand or for E stand. I'm waiting for the actual seats.

True. I just didnt want 100 threads going. I'll start my own.

Just out of curiosity,

J stand with moto parking, 10% off coupon, free gift and a lap of the track?

OR group buy thread here

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=55721

Just out of curiosity,

J stand with moto parking, 10% off coupon, free gift and a lap of the track?

Yes, according to the rep I talked to. I mean, $110 is retail for J stand seats (w/o extras) and it's $5 off for groups + extras. They didn't indicate there are different group packages.

OR group buy thread here

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=55721

Yes, according to the rep I talked to. I mean, $110 is retail for J stand seats (w/o extras) and it's $5 off for groups + extras. They didn't indicate there are different group packages.

There aren't different packages. It's the standard stuff that comes with the group buy (parking, free gift, 10% off coupon, parade lap, etc). Same stuff we've had the past two years.

Justin, let me double check with Carie but we should be plus two.