Sprinfield vs M&P vs Glock

BiggO

I was looking at a Springfield XD40 subcompact at the gun show inCircleville and really liked the feel.

xd40greensubcompact.jpg

Today I went to a couple gun stores and they recommended a M&P 40 that was around the same size or a Glock 19. What do you think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just being a jerk, but you list 2 manufacturers and a model :)

The M&P is made by Smith and Wesson. As with all dealers, ignore all their advice :) The M&P is a very good pistol, any of the 3 would be great choices. My preference is for the XD

I have held all three but only fired the Glock. The M&P fits me perfectly, I don't care for the way the XD fits my hand and I hate the way every Glock fits in my hand. I have a few other pistols and have shot many more and no matter what I'm shooting regardless of how well it fits in my hand I out shoot everything size for size with a Glock. I hate the way they look and the way they feel in my hand but Glocks just work for me. YMMV. I would try all three if you can rent them before you decide.

I have the SA XD 40SC and love it. I just got the wife a SW M&P 9c. She liked the feel of the M&P better than my XD. I personally do not like the feel of the Glocks in my hand. I have fired the M&P 9c, the Glock compact 9mm, the Glock compact 40, the Glock full size 40, and obviously my XD 40sc. I think the XD and the M&P are about the same. I was a little more accurate with my XD versus the M&P, and I was less accurate with the Glock. However the grouping was about the same. As with all guns, find a place that has the guns you are interested in and fire them. All three are great guns.

On a side note, a neighbor and I went to the range last Friday and he had 2 of his Glocks with him. I was much more accurate with his then the Glocks I have fired previously. But then again he used to shoot in competitions and the guns were modified.

Again best advice I can give you is find a range that has the guns you are interested in and shoot a few rounds through each. Whichever is more accurate and feels better is probably the one you should go with.

Good Luck.

The M&P is made by Smith and Wesson. As with all dealers, ignore all their advice :) The M&P is a very good pistol, any of the 3 would be great choices. My preference is for the XD

actually the xd is an older gun made buy another company just cant think of it off hand not smith. it will come to me

So there you have it... bunch of opinions.

Let me tell you what's going to happen next... you'll go to the dealer, hold one of them, decide you like it and buy it :)

Then you'll come back here where 1 of all these people will say "you made the right decision, you'll be happy"

Let us know what you get :D

im a glock guy so take what i say with a grain of salt. but they are perfection. I have never had a gun i can put more rounds throu with out it jamming or malfunctioning in any way in my life but a revolver. I would trust it with my life and thats saying alot.

I remember now the xd is a HS2000 made in croatia.